Sign in with
Your question

Logitech Laser Mouse

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
April 3, 2005 8:09:10 AM

Does anyone know if/when Logitech will be comming out with a corded version of the MX1000? The reviews I've read said that there were planning on it this spring, but I haven't heard anything else. Any info?

More about : logitech laser mouse

April 4, 2005 2:11:09 AM

If the mx1000 was corded I would own several of them by now. I searched for one back when the mx1000 was released but couldn't find any information regarding it. Why oh why must they take such a sweet mouse and then turn it into wireless poop? :( 
A wired mx1000 is about the only thing that would tempt me enough to give up my logitech mouseman dual optical that I have had for years and years.

I'll go on a searching rampage again for info. If you come up with anything plz post it here :) 

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>
April 4, 2005 7:12:17 AM

That's what I've been thinking. I've been stuck with a mx700 for about a year now and all I think about is how much it sucks. Boo wireless!!
Related resources
April 4, 2005 9:58:40 AM

i think the mx520 will be a laser gun/mouse based more ont eh mx1k design but wiht cable, i might be confuddled with the mx518 which is twitch mouse

----------------------------------------------
great minds think alike, fools seldom differ...
April 18, 2005 2:10:55 PM

personally, i love mx1000....

corded mouse gets in the way when trying to move fast in fps games.....there is no lag between corded and wireless mouse these days....

also from the review done by Tom's, the mouse supposedly lasted weeks without recharging but i can never get more than a week and half straight till needs recharging....

was the reviewer meant several days instead of weeks?
April 21, 2005 5:40:45 PM

You don't like the MX510 Folken? It's basically the 1000 with a cord. (not exactly but close)

<font color=green> AMD- Intel's choice for Best CPU manufacturer </font color=green><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by jmwpom3 on 04/21/05 10:45 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
April 21, 2005 5:49:01 PM

PS. and the 518 looks pretty damn close too, though they aren't laser of course

<font color=green> AMD- Intel's choice for Best CPU manufacturer </font color=green><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by jmwpom3 on 04/21/05 11:04 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
April 21, 2005 8:03:46 PM

I'm after the laser aspect of the MX1000 on a corded mouse. I'll deem that a worthy enough mouse to replace my mouseman dualoptical. If all I cared about was the shape of the mouse I would definatly have an mx510 right now :) 

April 21, 2005 8:12:23 PM

Maybe we could start a mass request flood to Logitech to put a cord on that bad boy! (and my damn Microsoft keyboard too, love the keyboard layout, but no stinking cord.)

<font color=green> AMD- Intel's choice for Best CPU manufacturer </font color=green>
April 21, 2005 8:22:49 PM

I think there are plans for a corded version of the mouse, we must just be patient :) 
I doubt microsoft will bend to your wishes and put a cord on your keyboard. I doubt we will be seeing many corded keyboards in the years to come.
In constrast to wireless mice I actually find some wireless keyboards to be very handy. My logitech wireless elite keyboard is awsome. It is even a few years old and it never misses a key, I can hit many keys at once, it works from almost 20ft away through walls, and the batteries last a ridiculously long time. Then again it is logitech so you have to assume it has slightly higher quality than the competition :) 

April 21, 2005 8:26:55 PM

Maybe it's me. When I'm gaming, let's say, if I'm holding the walk or crouch button or whatever, it will release without me releasing the button. I figured this was a function of the wireless thang, cuz it's right next to the receiver.

<font color=green> AMD- Intel's choice for Best CPU manufacturer </font color=green>
April 21, 2005 10:31:24 PM

I've never heard of that before...
Try moving the reciever farthur away. I've had problems with wireless things when they are to close to eachother as well as to far away.

April 22, 2005 8:04:47 PM

You know, I like the 510 for the functionality more so than the shape, though that is nice too. :smile:

April 29, 2005 12:01:26 AM

I have two of these on separate systems. Both do 'quirky' jumps every so often, almost os if they randomly reset elsewhere on the screen. Have you ever experienced this?

<b><i>Powered by <font color=blue>V</font color=blue><font color=purple>E</font color=purple><font color=red>R</font color=red><font color=purple>T</font color=purple><font color=blue>O</font color=blue></b>
Fueled by <b><font color=blue>CL-</font color=blue><font color=red>ONE</font color=red></b>
May 17, 2005 7:46:36 AM

It's been a month and a half, already. The MX518 is nice, I guess, but it's not laser! Why can't they just put a laser in there? Same everything else, just a laser instead of an LED. Damn you, Logitech! I hate my MX700 more every day. Please, give me what I want!!
May 17, 2005 7:42:56 PM

If I can't figure out the quirks in my laser mice, you'll see it in the classifieds.

<b><i>Powered by <font color=blue>V</font color=blue><font color=purple>E</font color=purple><font color=red>R</font color=red><font color=purple>T</font color=purple><font color=blue>O</font color=blue></b>
Fueled by <b><font color=blue>CL-</font color=blue><font color=red>ONE</font color=red></b>
May 18, 2005 9:26:57 PM

BTW,
I was sure old BILL would listen to ME. :wink: Doesn't he konw who I am? What, just cause I spent all those years trying to engineer out IE from Windows?

May 19, 2005 5:41:42 PM

There is no lag with the wireless MX1000 - I have one.

Anyone who saying there is a noticable lag is a complete nerd! :lol: 

Seriously, they optimized it all, incresed something on the USB to allow more data etc.

May 20, 2005 5:06:13 AM

Been using one now for some time and love it. no problems.
May 22, 2005 4:37:07 AM

You probably just have a lousy keyboard. Upgrading to a higher quality one might resolve that issue.

As far as the mouse thing, will have to wait and see with the laser, haven't had a chance to try it, but with optical mice I see no difference in performance between wireless or wired, as long as its quality stuff. Maybe I'm just a better gamer though :)  (j/k)
May 23, 2005 7:22:05 PM

Well, it wasn't low cost anyway. It's the Microsoft Optical 4.0 and was in the higher cost range. (not that I'd be supprised if you told me that MS makes lousy wireless keyboards)

May 24, 2005 3:12:13 AM

Exactly. I actually had an expensive MS keyboard (cause I wanted that fingerprint reader, I love gadgets) and threw it out, now I'm using a rather cheap logitech and I wouldn't trade it for anything that had a wire on it.
May 24, 2005 5:14:07 PM

Anyone else think this is just a MS problem???

May 26, 2005 2:43:16 PM

it's all about Logitech, don't even bother with anything else.

<b><font color=blue>Athlon64 3200+ Winchester/MSI Neo4 Platinum SLI/MSI 6800 Ultra/1 GB Kingston HyperX (Dual Channel)/74GB WD Raptor/600Watt Enermax Noisetaker/ Dual Mitsubishi 21 Inch Monitors</b></font color=blue>
June 23, 2005 5:45:02 PM

It's out and about now, as everyone has said, but it's not going to be wired. All the fancy new mice are going wireless. Laser might, in the distant future, be offered on a wired mouse, but unlikely.

Honestly, now that I've gone wireless I'm refusing to go back. The mouse honestly does last for weeks. I haven't charged my MX100 in at least four days and it still shows full strength. The last time I tried to wear it out, it took ten days to actually go down to two bars on the battery meter. It does last a long, long, long time on a single charge.

And this mouse is even better than my previously awesome MX Duo.

Logitech doesn't miss a step. I swear.

If you're experiencing erratic behaviour, reset the receiver and reconnect the keyboard and mouse according to the steps outlined (keyboard first then mouse, I believe). It has worked for me in the past. It just makes sure they both aren't transmitting on the same channel and causing interference.

umheint0's phat setup --> <A HREF="http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~umheint0/system.html" target="_new">http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~umheint0/system.html&lt;/A><--
July 25, 2005 2:40:44 AM

I'm glad I found this topic because I've been looking into which mouse to buy. I've been using a Wireless Trackman Wheel for the longest time (almost worn out my 2nd one) but it doesn't seem to be the best for FPS. Will I have to get a mouse pad for this? Monarch has them for 59.99 with free shipping off of pricewatch. I've had a cheap logitech keyboard and its never failed me but I might upgrade it too.
July 25, 2005 1:51:05 PM

No, you don't NEED a mousepad, but it never hurts. The best mousepad for the price is the RatPadz GS. They're a little hard to find, but usually only go for about $10-15 US, and they last a long time. Solid plastic, great tracking, super smooth. They do wear out if you use them for a long time, but they're good for a few years at least. Between the MX1000 and a RatPadz GS, you'll have just about the best mouse setup possible. Heck, even get some teflon feet for the mouse, and you won't wear out either the mousepad or the mouse feet either.

umheint0's phat setup --> <A HREF="http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~umheint0/system.html" target="_new">http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~umheint0/system.html&lt;/A><--
August 16, 2005 3:31:51 AM

this is a bit of an old thread.. I know.
But, They just released the corded version of the laser mouse,,, G5 I think it's called, or something like that. I saw a review on it on a tech show.

<font color=green> I doubt, therefore I might be. </font color=green>
August 22, 2005 9:14:35 PM

And there was rejoicing in the streets!! I'm so happy! I can finally get rid of this crappy MX700. Woo hoo!! If I didn't have to work I'd go get one right now. I wonder if Best Buy has them yet...
August 24, 2005 5:23:23 PM

I'm kinda bummed they tagged my Logitech mouse name with the mac reference. Yeah, that's prolly the more widely know "G-5" but not what I was talking about at all.

I know, just venting a little......... lame

<font color=green> I doubt, therefore I might be. </font color=green>
!