Is there a way login an account manually (typing the accounts name) using
only keyboard commands without editing any configuration?

Malke

RC93 wrote:

> Is there a way login an account manually (typing the accounts name)
> using only keyboard commands without editing any configuration?

What do you mean "without editing any configuration"? If you want to log
in without using the Welcome Screen or because you don't see your user
account picture, doing Ctrl-Alt-Del twice will bring up the classic
logon box and you can then type in the user's name and password. If
this isn't what you meant, then please post back with a better
description of the problem and what you want to do.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Thanks that was really helpfull

"Malke" wrote:

> RC93 wrote:
>
> > Is there a way login an account manually (typing the accounts name)
> > using only keyboard commands without editing any configuration?
>
> What do you mean "without editing any configuration"? If you want to log
> in without using the Welcome Screen or because you don't see your user
> account picture, doing Ctrl-Alt-Del twice will bring up the classic
> logon box and you can then type in the user's name and password. If
> this isn't what you meant, then please post back with a better
> description of the problem and what you want to do.
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Malke

RC93 wrote:

> Thanks that was really helpfull

Good. I'm glad that was what you were aiming for. For the future,
consider using a real newsreader to access these newsgroups. Here is
information about that:

Since you are using the web interface, you may not realize that this is
really a newsgroup. You will get far more out of this resource if you
learn to use a newsreader. There are many good newsreaders for Windows,
but you can use Outlook Express since you already have it. Here are
some links to information about newsgroups:

http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page3.html#12-09-02 - a brief
explanation of newsgroups
http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/support/news/howto/default.asp
- Set Up Newsreader

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
microsoft.public.test.here - MS group to test if your newsreader is
working properly
http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm - how to munge email address
http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm - multiposting vs.
crossposting