Hotsync error

August 30, 2004 2:10:20 PM

I've been shunted from Palm support to Kyocera to CopyTalk and back again and
still am without an answer to this problem. Any suggestions?

On my laptop, when I load Palm Hotsync, I see this error:

"The HotSync Manager was unable to initialize the TCP/IP connection socket.
Please check your Network Configuration from the Windows Control Panel. make
sure you have a TCP/IP network component installed and configured correctly."

Hotsync works, except for one program, CopyTalk, that also syncs with a server
over the Internet -- the only part of Hotsync that would use TCP/IP -- does not
work.

I reinstalled TCP/IP, which probably caused the problem. I'm hoping I can fix it
with a registry change or something simple.

TCP/IP works fine otherwise.

More about : hotsync error

Anonymous
August 30, 2004 9:41:26 PM

tpub@intelligenceinc.net wrote:

> I've been shunted from Palm support to Kyocera to CopyTalk and back again and
> still am without an answer to this problem. Any suggestions?
>
> On my laptop, when I load Palm Hotsync, I see this error:
>
> "The HotSync Manager was unable to initialize the TCP/IP connection socket.
> Please check your Network Configuration from the Windows Control Panel. make
> sure you have a TCP/IP network component installed and configured correctly."
>
> Hotsync works, except for one program, CopyTalk, that also syncs with a server
> over the Internet -- the only part of Hotsync that would use TCP/IP -- does not
> work.
>
> I reinstalled TCP/IP, which probably caused the problem. I'm hoping I can fix it
> with a registry change or something simple.
>
> TCP/IP works fine otherwise.

Are you using a firewall? Any chance that it's blocking communication?

Notan
Anonymous
August 31, 2004 11:49:33 AM

No firewall.