Sign in with
Your question

Looking for a recommendation on soundcards...

Last response: in Components
May 25, 2004 7:01:30 AM

I would like to purchase a PCI soundcard to compliment the speakers I will be purchasing for my computer. While I might eventually purchase a multi-channel soundcard and speaker package later on, right now I am just going for two channel stereo. I am planning to purchase the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speaker system and would like a recommendation on a good sound card. A friend of mine has the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 system and I was surprised by the great quality of sound it offers. On top of the ProMedia package for his computer he also has a full Klipsch 5.1 home theater system with SF-3 floor speakers (fronts), SB-2 bookshelves (rears), a JBL 12" studio series subwoofer and a center channel (forgot which). Compared to his home theater the ProMedia actually holds up pretty well. It doesn't offer the same quality of sound of course, but it holds it own pretty well.

Anyway, what soundcards are a good value price and performance wise for what I am looking to do? Again, I am not interested in going multi-channel at the moment, so I'd like to keep the cost of the card under $50.

Thank you,
Conrad
May 29, 2004 2:36:12 AM

look at the m-audio revolution

Asus p4533c 2.53,4x512 1066,40gb system ,240Gb RAID A/V Drive,80 Gb Export,Radeon 9800 Pro,Matrox Rt.X100,Santa Cruz Turtle Beach,Aardvark Aark 20,Ricoh Mp5125a,Samsung 40x cd,Antec w/400,Xp pro
May 29, 2004 3:29:17 AM

Music - M-Audio, games - Aureal, everything else Creative ;) 

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...
May 30, 2004 1:33:52 PM

Gamesurround Fortissimo III 7.1
!