changing languages

a friend of mine bought a computer in Japan, so all of the programs show up
in japanese language (which i CANNOT read). she can read japanese but has a
difficult time translating it to me in english. is there a way to convert
the computer to english with the push of a few buttons and back to japanese?

Hi

No - you will have to purchase a full English Retail XP CD. The language
cannot be changed. You can then either install the English version instead
of the Japanese one, or dual boot both.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"COMPRESSED MAN" <COMPRESSEDMAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>a friend of mine bought a computer in Japan, so all of the programs show up
> in japanese language (which i CANNOT read). she can read japanese but has
> difficult time translating it to me in english. is there a way to convert
> the computer to english with the push of a few buttons and back to
> japanese?

thats what i thought. ok thanks