Old card/new monitor

pas

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004
Hello All,

I'm considering purchasing a Viewsonic 20.1" 16:9 aspect ratio monitor (VX2025WM) and I have an ATI All-In-Wonder 128 Pro AGP graphics card which is about 5-6 years old. My question is: will this new monitor be compatible with the old video card?

I am running W2K and have the latest available driver for the ATI card.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Al

Hose

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2005
Hello All,

I'm considering purchasing a Viewsonic 20.1" 16:9 aspect ratio monitor (VX2025WM) and I have an ATI All-In-Wonder 128 Pro AGP graphics card which is about 5-6 years old. My question is: will this new monitor be compatible with the old video card?

I am running W2K and have the latest available driver for the ATI card.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Al

Probably not. The resolutions of today's widescreens was not considered when your AIW was made. You're likely going to have to find an AGP card which displays the newer resolutions... like 1650x1080. Or, get a 4:3 aspect monitor which you can use with your AIW.

Hose

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2005
Thanks. I think I'll go with the 19" 4:3 monitor for now.

Al

I used to have the same AIW card in my Win2K rig. However, ATI left a glitch in the WinXP driver for it so that it wouldn't both display the TV video and dual monitor at the same time. So I sold the card and got Quadro NVS cards and a Hauppauge TV tuner.

Check Newegg for highly rated monitors and then go see them in person if possible. I particularly like the NEC 90GX2 and Samsung 940T, though I don't game.

Good luck.

Hose