Can not connect to base

Scott

Let me start by saying that our laptop, using a wireless
card (520) worked for a year and stopped yesterday. We
tried reinstalling and consistently get an excellent
connection to the base however can not get a lan
connection. What we have noticed is the IP address on
teh HP laptop keeps getting assigned an IP address
beginning with 169. I have searched for hours looking
for a solution and I am know stumped. Any help out
there??

A couple things to look at, Scott: (1) In Network Connections, right-click
the icon representing our LAN, select Properties and then go to the Wireless
Networks tab. On there, with your LAN listed at the bottom in Preferred
networks, highlight that listing and select the Advanced button. Make sure
the Networks to access has the Access point (infrastructure) networks only
as the selection. (2) If #1 is okay, go to the Command Prompt (not
Start/Run) and type in "ipconfig /release" without the quotes, followed by
"ipconfig /renew." You may need to restart your system after that.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP