I have installed XP Home, and now would like to dual-boot with Win98SE. I
have W98SE on CD.

How do I go about this? Thanks.

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Will5343 wrote:

> I have installed XP Home, and now would like to dual-boot with Win98SE. I
> have W98SE on CD.
>
> How do I go about this? Thanks.

Best is to install 98 first then XP. Google for dual boot.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Will5343 wrote:
> I have installed XP Home, and now would like to dual-boot with
> Win98SE. I have W98SE on CD.
>
> How do I go about this? Thanks.

There are many ways to do this.. I suggest doing a google search with more
specifics (like order of the install - which I think will be what will cause
you to redo your system with Windows 98 first.

Search using Google!
http://www.google.com/
(How-to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html )

Might I inquire "Why" you want to install Windows 98SE on the system *with*
XP?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

"Will5343" wrote:

> I have installed XP Home, and now would like to dual-boot with Win98SE. I
> have W98SE on CD.
>
> How do I go about this? Thanks.
In principal it's not too difficult, but if your unaware with using boot
management software and are unfamiliar with setting up partitions, then it
will seem a bit long-winded.
If you still need to do it, let me know and i can help guide you through it.
I multi-boot because some design software i have is only win98 compatible,
and too dam expensive to upgrade !
Steve.

If your system partition is NTFS, you will have to start over and use
FAT32 - See:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306559

Doug Sherman
MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

"Will5343" <Will5343@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have installed XP Home, and now would like to dual-boot with Win98SE. I
> have W98SE on CD.
>
> How do I go about this? Thanks.

There are many ways to achieve this. I used Partition Magic to partition my
drive and XOSL free from http://www2.arnes.si/~fkomar/xosl.org/home.html as
my boot loader. If you use a third party boot loader such as XOSL you can
load the OSs in any order you like onto any primary partition (Windows),
primary or logical (Linux) on any hard drive and you can hide one from the
other if you choose.
There are many other boot loaders available, BootIt NG from
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/bootitng.html (shareware) gets good reviews
but I haven't tried it.