WinACE Question

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

Hi all,
Can anyone tell me what the figures on the right column of the census
display mean? Specifically, Un, SM, RU, SD, Lm, and TD. I've searched
the WinACE help files, and haven't been able to find an answer.
Thanks for the help!

Ethan
aka Oronac

<ecorona@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> Can anyone tell me what the figures on the right column of the census
> display mean? Specifically, Un, SM, RU, SD, Lm, and TD. I've searched
> the WinACE help files, and haven't been able to find an answer.
> Thanks for the help!
>
> Ethan
> aka Oronac

These fields are populated when the sector 'strength' values are
available. This updating can be automatic or manual. The menu
tree View - Options - Updating - Suppress Strength Refresh
allows you to turn this automatic feature on or off. (Having it
on burns BTUs and slows the GUI.)

Refer to info strength for the details on these fields.

Tom

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

ecorona@rochester.rr.com wrote:
> Hi all,
> Can anyone tell me what the figures on the right column of the census
> display mean? Specifically, Un, SM, RU, SD, Lm, and TD. I've searched
> the WinACE help files, and haven't been able to find an answer.
> Thanks for the help!
>
> Ethan
> aka Oronac

at the command line enter the following command:

strength x,y

the display should change from ???'s to value if you don't have values
there already

until you mentioned it I never noticed those labels before :)

drag your mouse pointer over the label and a microhelp will pop up and
describe what the value is

if you change mil population, you'll have to redo strength command, I
didn't do any other testing but you can figure it out

DE

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

Un: Unit strength in sector
SM: Sector Multiplier
RU: strength of Reacting Units
SD: Sector Defense SM*(Un+#mil. in sector)
Lm: Landmines
TD: Total Defense SD+RU

realize this will change after every combat as units and sectors take
damage,
reacting units run out of mobility, etc.

Greg
aka Pern