Sign in with
Your question

Problem with TFT resolution

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
September 4, 2006 8:50:59 PM

hi,

half of the games do not detect the native 1280x1024 resolution of my LCD (Viewsonic VP 171) and i have to use scaled lower resolutions. in some games i can edit the *.ini or start the game with parameters to force 1280, but in other cases im stuck with horrible image quality. is there a solution for this problem? the official monitor drivers didnt help :( 

More about : problem tft resolution

September 5, 2006 9:02:54 PM

could you tell us what games as well as if it is DVI or VGA connector being used.

also can you run the native res in windows.

finally what are the complete specs of your system
September 6, 2006 12:07:34 PM

Quote:
could you tell us what games as well as if it is DVI or VGA connector being used.

also can you run the native res in windows.

finally what are the complete specs of your system

Im using DVI to connect to my asus manufactured 7600GT, and i can run native res in win XP. A few game examples are bfme 1/2, nwn, rome TW etc etc. most of those detect 1024 or 11** (forgot the numbers of this odd res) as max resolution. which other specs would be usefull, i dont think the PSU or something like that could be the problem?
Related resources
September 6, 2006 5:28:21 PM

hmm odd. i am assuming it is 1280 x 1024.

then again if you could say exactly which res cause to my knowledge there aint one that has 1024 and 11xx.

still if a re-install of your gfx cards drivers does not help it migh be worth checking if what scaling options your monitor and gfx card have. by that i mean if you have it set to maintain aspect ratio or fill screen, that sort of thing.
September 7, 2006 10:34:01 AM

Quote:
hmm odd. i am assuming it is 1280 x 1024.

then again if you could say exactly which res cause to my knowledge there aint one that has 1024 and 11xx.

still if a re-install of your gfx cards drivers does not help it migh be worth checking if what scaling options your monitor and gfx card have. by that i mean if you have it set to maintain aspect ratio or fill screen, that sort of thing.

As written in my first post, my monitors native res is 1280x1024. in some games it works, while other detect either 1024x768 or 1152x864 as maximum resolution. this happens with all drivers that i testet, (different forceware versions and omega drivers), and is independant of chosen scaling options :( 
!