Sign in with
Your question

Battery flipflop with a toshiba and xp

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
December 3, 2008 3:43:21 AM

long time reader, first time poster.

A while back I bought a toshiba qosmio x305-q701. It comes preinstalled with vista, but I installed xp pro for compatability reasons. Toshiba's site only provides vista drivers (even tho some work on xp as well). From what I can tell, I've gotten everything taken care of tho, with the exception of the battery.

When the laptop is plugged into the wall, it shows it's on battery, and adjusts performance accordingly. When it's ACTUALLY running on battery, it shows it's plugged in, and runs on full power. I haven't had much luck in finding a solution, tho a user on the toshiba forums has run into the same problem. The drivers installed on xp for the battery are of the microsoft persuasion, and if it matters, everything was installed while plugged into the wall.

I still have the working vista install on the laptop, it's dual booted with xp, tho I'm not sure whether or not any of those drivers would work. Also, the searching hasn't been to successful, as it's an odd problem to match keywords with it seems.

Has anyone come across this issue and fixed it? Or know of someone who has? Any info, or even a point in the right direction would be appreciated.

Regards,
Bonkers over Batteries
December 5, 2008 10:02:09 PM

Weird. Can't say I've ever encountered that before
!