I have accidently left my dial-up modem on line for considerable
periods of time...........is their a program or feature in XP that
will automatically turn it off after a fixed period of non-activity?

Thanks

Yes, Jack.

Open the Control Panel and double click on Internet Options.
Click the Connections tab, highlight your dialup connection and click the
Settings button.
Click the Advanced button in the Dial-up Settings section of the screen.
Uncheck Disconnect if idle for [ ] minutes.
Click OK, and OK again, and OK once more. The new settings should take
effect the next time you connect.
--
JonyBrv

"Jack Black" wrote:

> I have accidently left my dial-up modem on line for considerable
> periods of time...........is their a program or feature in XP that
> will automatically turn it off after a fixed period of non-activity?
>
> Thanks

Sorry you need to check Disconnect if idle for [ and enter time duration here
] minutes
--
JonyBrv

Jack Black <jackblack32003@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have accidently left my dial-up modem on line for considerable
> periods of time...........is their a program or feature in XP that
> will automatically turn it off after a fixed period of non-activity?

Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections tab > select your ISP >
Settings > Dial-up Settings (translated on-the-fly). Next:

- Advanced - and/or -
- Properties > Dialing tab

--
d-d