Sign in with
Your question

Monitor on the brink of death? Help please?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
September 5, 2006 3:35:42 PM

Well I bought a 12 ms monitor with no real brand as such about nearly 2 years ago. Recently, as in today, it seems to have started dying, by this I mean that it flickers for a second when you turn it on immediately showing the BIOS, then it turns entirely black again until it reaches the Windows loading screen, and flickers to life for a second before going black again. Same for the Windows login window. The LED light is still green when the monitor is turned on.

Can I get some help please? :( 

More about : monitor brink death

September 5, 2006 5:52:14 PM

Quote:
Well I bought a 12 ms monitor with no real brand as such about nearly 2 years ago. Recently, as in today, it seems to have started dying, by this I mean that it flickers for a second when you turn it on immediately showing the BIOS, then it turns entirely black again until it reaches the Windows loading screen, and flickers to life for a second before going black again. Same for the Windows login window. The LED light is still green when the monitor is turned on.

Can I get some help please? :( 

1. Connect the monitor to a different computer, or
2. Connect a different monitor to the computer.

If it still looks like the monitor is failing, check for warranty service.
September 5, 2006 8:08:12 PM

Right well i've isolated the problem to that it's something to do with the power, or its something inside the monitor gone wrong, as I supply the power to the monitor, the sign showing that there is no connection to the computer (as it's not turned on) appears, but then flickers and turns black like it would do if I was starting the computer. Any ideas on what's the problem and how I could resolve this? :S
September 8, 2006 4:02:52 PM

It sounds like your backlight is going or already gone. It can be replaced.
tsewyek
!