Reg editor in emergency console

I wonder if would be possible to access to registry editor from the emergency
console of winxp.
I need it when the operative system is not more bootable,neither from safe
mode.
If i start pc with winxp cd-rom can i do something ?

Best Regards

"Biasi Alessandro" <BiasiAlessandro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:0F15C282-3207-4E4A-85AF-1338DDFF2C8B@microsoft.com...
>I wonder if would be possible to access to registry editor from the
>emergency
> console of winxp.
> I need it when the operative system is not more bootable,neither from safe
> mode.
> If i start pc with winxp cd-rom can i do something ?
>
> Best Regards

Take a look at BartPE

http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

Kerry

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Biasi Alessandro wrote:

> I wonder if would be possible to access to registry editor from the emergency
> console of winxp.
> I need it when the operative system is not more bootable,neither from safe
> mode.
> If i start pc with winxp cd-rom can i do something ?
>
> Best Regards

Bart's PE will also allow this:
http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

The recovery console can't run anything. It's designed that way.
"Biasi Alessandro" <BiasiAlessandro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F15C282-3207-4E4A-85AF-1338DDFF2C8B@microsoft.com...
>I wonder if would be possible to access to registry editor from the emergency
> console of winxp.
> I need it when the operative system is not more bootable,neither from safe
> mode.
> If i start pc with winxp cd-rom can i do something ?
>
> Best Regards

Thank's David, the question now is, does exist any possibilities to modify
registry when a system does not boot neither in safe mode?

"David Candy" wrote:

> The recovery console can't run anything. It's designed that way.
> "Biasi Alessandro" <BiasiAlessandro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F15C282-3207-4E4A-85AF-1338DDFF2C8B@microsoft.com...
> >I wonder if would be possible to access to registry editor from the emergency
> > console of winxp.
> > I need it when the operative system is not more bootable,neither from safe
> > mode.
> > If i start pc with winxp cd-rom can i do something ?
> >
> > Best Regards

Only by installing XP into a different directory on the hard drive and loading the first XP's registry into the second's Regedit. If it's a service or driver you want to disable then you can do that with the Disable command but that's it for affecting the registry.

"Biasi Alessandro" <BiasiAlessandro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0CA5109B-5645-4675-A7A2-050C8DA71B34@microsoft.com...
> Thank's David, the question now is, does exist any possibilities to modify
> registry when a system does not boot neither in safe mode?
>
> "David Candy" wrote:
>
>> The recovery console can't run anything. It's designed that way.
>> --
>> http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.html
>> "Biasi Alessandro" <BiasiAlessandro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F15C282-3207-4E4A-85AF-1338DDFF2C8B@microsoft.com...
>> >I wonder if would be possible to access to registry editor from the emergency
>> > console of winxp.
>> > I need it when the operative system is not more bootable,neither from safe
>> > mode.
>> > If i start pc with winxp cd-rom can i do something ?
>> >
>> > Best Regards

ok, i think i understand, so is it possible to connect the corrupt disk as
slave of another primary o.s. disk and open the bad registry from the good
one?
i mean i take the bad disk and put it as slave on another pc, shall i open
the bad registry?
thank you

"David Candy" wrote:

> Only by installing XP into a different directory on the hard drive and loading the first XP's registry into the second's Regedit. If it's a service or driver you want to disable then you can do that with the Disable command but that's it for affecting the registry.

> "Biasi Alessandro" <BiasiAlessandro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0CA5109B-5645-4675-A7A2-050C8DA71B34@microsoft.com...
> > Thank's David, the question now is, does exist any possibilities to modify
> > registry when a system does not boot neither in safe mode?
> >
> > "David Candy" wrote:
> >
> >> The recovery console can't run anything. It's designed that way.
> >> --
> >> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >> http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.html
> >> =================================================

Yes. Read load hive in Regedit's Help

"Biasi Alessandro" <BiasiAlessandro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8C046C0-420F-4E25-A6F6-7E78727DA2B9@microsoft.com...
> ok, i think i understand, so is it possible to connect the corrupt disk as
> slave of another primary o.s. disk and open the bad registry from the good
> one?
> i mean i take the bad disk and put it as slave on another pc, shall i open
> the bad registry?
> thank you
>
> "David Candy" wrote:
>
>> Only by installing XP into a different directory on the hard drive and loading the first XP's registry into the second's Regedit. If it's a service or driver you want to disable then you can do that with the Disable command but that's it for affecting the registry.
>>
>> --
>> http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.html
>> "Biasi Alessandro" <BiasiAlessandro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0CA5109B-5645-4675-A7A2-050C8DA71B34@microsoft.com...
>> > Thank's David, the question now is, does exist any possibilities to modify
>> > registry when a system does not boot neither in safe mode?

TRENDING THREADS