Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Product Keys

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
June 27, 2005 6:22:01 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I have been told that instead of having to buy another retail version of an
operating system as long as I have the install disk all I have to do is get a
product key through Microsoft for like 50 bucks. How Do I go at doing this I
am looking at getting a product key for Windows Xp Pro 32bit. Thank You

More about : product keys

Anonymous
June 27, 2005 4:27:41 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

You have been told wrong.
You can get additional licenses, but only slightly under regular price:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/howtobuy/addlic...
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/addlic....
You may be able to get Windows XP locally cheaper.
OEM is also an option if the limitations are acceptable to you.

Stay away from Kazaa and other unethical sources.
There are no legitimate sources there and you may also get something you did
not count on.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org


"well" <well@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:3F23F7C3-E56C-447C-9766-1E5EA167DAAB@microsoft.com...
>I have been told that instead of having to buy another retail version of an
> operating system as long as I have the install disk all I have to do is
> get a
> product key through Microsoft for like 50 bucks. How Do I go at doing this
> I
> am looking at getting a product key for Windows Xp Pro 32bit. Thank You
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 6:24:30 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

well wrote:
> I have been told that instead of having to buy another retail version
> of an operating system as long as I have the install disk all I have
> to do is get a product key through Microsoft for like 50 bucks. How
> Do I go at doing this I am looking at getting a product key for
> Windows Xp Pro 32bit. Thank You

If you're talking about a second licence, it's cheaper to purchase it
retail - typically MS will only offer you 10% off *their* retail price - and
you can usually buy it cheaper almost anywhere else.
Related resources
June 27, 2005 8:55:42 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote

> well wrote:
>> I have been told that instead of having to buy another retail version
>> of an operating system as long as I have the install disk all I have
>> to do is get a product key through Microsoft for like 50 bucks. How
>> Do I go at doing this I am looking at getting a product key for
>> Windows Xp Pro 32bit. Thank You
>
> If you're talking about a second licence, it's cheaper to purchase it
> retail - typically MS will only offer you 10% off *their* retail price -
> and you can usually buy it cheaper almost anywhere else.

It's even cheaper to buy an OEM version, being as no hardware has to be
bought with OEMs anymore.

Alias
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 11:30:42 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I think it's $10 bucks, not sure though, but you can download stacks of them
using KaZa (Lite preferably) or something similar.

-Winux P

"well" <well@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:3F23F7C3-E56C-447C-9766-1E5EA167DAAB@microsoft.com...
>I have been told that instead of having to buy another retail version of an
> operating system as long as I have the install disk all I have to do is
> get a
> product key through Microsoft for like 50 bucks. How Do I go at doing this
> I
> am looking at getting a product key for Windows Xp Pro 32bit. Thank You
June 27, 2005 11:43:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

well wrote:
> I have been told that instead of having to buy another retail version of an
> operating system as long as I have the install disk all I have to do is get a
> product key through Microsoft for like 50 bucks. How Do I go at doing this I
> am looking at getting a product key for Windows Xp Pro 32bit. Thank You

You can download a program that will display your product key of your
copy of WindowsXP. Go to:

http://www.freewarearena.com/html2/index.php?name=Downl...

You will have to Click on the choices to download them, Belarc (view of
your system information) is on page one and Produkey is on page 2. This
site contains lots of good programs. I use lots of them myself.

While you are at this site, download Belarc Advisor, it will print all
your system detail information in detail, including all the software
packages you have installed. Print it and save it somewhere safe. Do
this periodically if you have changes to your system.
You can get just Belarc at this location.
http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 1:50:06 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

well wrote:
> I have been told that instead of having to buy another retail version of an
> operating system as long as I have the install disk all I have to do is get a
> product key through Microsoft for like 50 bucks. How Do I go at doing this I
> am looking at getting a product key for Windows Xp Pro 32bit. Thank You


One can buy additional licenses, assuming one already has a retail
license. Naturally, Microsoft cannot sell additional OEM licenses. Be
aware, however, that you'll probably pay more this way than you would if
you were to buy a second copy of WinXP from a discount retailer;
Microsoft will only offer you a 15% discount off their MSRP.

Additional Licenses for Windows XP Home Edition
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/howtobuy/addlic...

Additional Licenses for Windows XP Professional
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/addlic....


--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having
both at once. - RAH
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 11:57:00 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

The OP wasn't asking about licenses but product keys. OEM limitations are
for those stupid enough to adhere to them.

>you may also get something you did not count on.

Like your 2cents Stupider.

-Winux P.

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
news:o 8nZsX0eFHA.2700@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> You have been told wrong.
> You can get additional licenses, but only slightly under regular price:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/howtobuy/addlic...
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/addlic....
> You may be able to get Windows XP locally cheaper.
> OEM is also an option if the limitations are acceptable to you.
>
> Stay away from Kazaa and other unethical sources.
> There are no legitimate sources there and you may also get something you
> did not count on.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org
>
>
> "well" <well@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:3F23F7C3-E56C-447C-9766-1E5EA167DAAB@microsoft.com...
>>I have been told that instead of having to buy another retail version of
>>an
>> operating system as long as I have the install disk all I have to do is
>> get a
>> product key through Microsoft for like 50 bucks. How Do I go at doing
>> this I
>> am looking at getting a product key for Windows Xp Pro 32bit. Thank You
>
>
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 11:57:01 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

The OP is most likely looking for an honest source.
If not, you suggestion is appropriate.
Licenses and Product keys go together...at least for those with integrity.

Your suggestion to use Kazaa as well as you continual need to insult show
much of your character.
Your attempt to tie "stupid enough" with the right thing to do displays how
desperate you are to bring others down to your level.
Are you able to contribute without insulting others?
Or are you so insecure that you need to insult others to prove your point?

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org


"Winux P" <winuxp@msnews.grp> wrote in message
news:unjM2M2eFHA.892@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>
> The OP wasn't asking about licenses but product keys. OEM limitations are
> for those stupid enough to adhere to them.
>
>>you may also get something you did not count on.
>
> Like your 2cents Stupider.
>
> -Winux P.
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 2:51:52 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I may be in the gutter, but I am trying to pull you up from the sewer pipes
Stupider.

-Winux P



"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
news:%23Q0YcZ2eFHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> The OP is most likely looking for an honest source.
> If not, you suggestion is appropriate.
> Licenses and Product keys go together...at least for those with integrity.
>
> Your suggestion to use Kazaa as well as you continual need to insult show
> much of your character.
> Your attempt to tie "stupid enough" with the right thing to do displays
> how desperate you are to bring others down to your level.
> Are you able to contribute without insulting others?
> Or are you so insecure that you need to insult others to prove your point?
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org
>
>
> "Winux P" <winuxp@msnews.grp> wrote in message
> news:unjM2M2eFHA.892@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>>
>> The OP wasn't asking about licenses but product keys. OEM limitations are
>> for those stupid enough to adhere to them.
>>
>>>you may also get something you did not count on.
>>
>> Like your 2cents Stupider.
>>
>> -Winux P.
>
>
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 2:51:53 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

If you crawl around the sewer and gutter, that is your choice, I am not
nearby.
It is clear you have nothing of value to contribute since you need to insult
others to make your point.
Good bye.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org


"Winux P" <winuxp@msnews.grp> wrote in message
news:o jnvku3eFHA.1044@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>
> I may be in the gutter, but I am trying to pull you up from the sewer
> pipes Stupider.
>
> -Winux P
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 1:27:18 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Yes, yes Stupider <YAWN!> (I'd yawn with my mouth closed but then you would
know how boring you are), you do go on and on. Now go run back to your mummy
Mr. Oedipal.

Goodbye.

-Winux P

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
news:uK%23HxU4eFHA.1504@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> If you crawl around the sewer and gutter, that is your choice, I am not
> nearby.
> It is clear you have nothing of value to contribute since you need to
> insult others to make your point.
> Good bye.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org
>
>
> "Winux P" <winuxp@msnews.grp> wrote in message
> news:o jnvku3eFHA.1044@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>>
>> I may be in the gutter, but I am trying to pull you up from the sewer
>> pipes Stupider.
>>
>> -Winux P
>
>
!