Closed

Blue Screen Error Message

Hi All

Just wondering if somebody could help me, im getting a 8e stop error blue
screen and i need the microsoft hotfix just wondering if anyone else has used
this hotfix and if their are any copys out their available

Cheers

Phil
2 answers Last reply
More about blue screen error message

    If theres a hotfix available, you can get it from Microsoft (as long as they
    figure that you need it). The error reporting dialog should point you to a
    web page that has the prerequisites for getting the hotfix. If that doesn't
    show up, you can search the MS Knowledge Base for the error message and
    follow the instructions there.

    "Phil Baliey" wrote:

    > Hi All
    >
    > Just wondering if somebody could help me, im getting a 8e stop error blue
    > screen and i need the microsoft hotfix just wondering if anyone else has used
    > this hotfix and if their are any copys out their available
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Phil

    Try all the following with existing dump files (Make sure you are set to record minidumps [Small Memory Dumps] - type it in Help to see how) but you can also turn on the
    Driver Verifier (type verifier in Start Run and follow the wizard). This is
    strict checking of all drivers (so it makes computer slower). This may give
    different error messages and pinpoint one driver that is not crashing but
    causing another driver to crash. If you can't start after enabling verifier
    choose Last Known Good Configuration at the Failed Boot menu (which will
    start without verifier).

    Get your XP CD and install Windows Support Tools.

    Type in start run after installing and rebooting

    pstat > "%userprofile%\desktop\driverl­ist.txt"

    The last table in this file is a list of loaded drivers. Other things apart
    from hardware uses drivers. Post the list of drivers (the last table only -
    REPEAT THE LAST TABLE O N L Y ) or match the fault address to the driver.

    If you have the XP SP2 Security Update CD (else see
    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/­devtools/debugging/symbolpkg.m­spx
    )

    Install symbols from <CD Drive Letter>:\SUPPORT\SYMBOLS

    Download
    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/­devtools/debugging/installx86.­mspx

    Load the crash dump file into windbg (File - Load Crash Dump and it's in
    c:\windows\minidump) and READ WHAT IT SAYS (you may need to tell it where
    the symbol files are - it will tell you how), then
    Type
    !Analyze -v
    into Windbg's command line.
    (this will hopefully tell you the faulty component)

    If a minidump doesn't help use a kernel dump, if that doesn't help create a
    full dump.

    You can look up specific details here
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ddtools/hh/ddtools/BCIntro_ea8b9fd0-2d81-4a04-a7ed-c1c6a80bd501.xml.asp

    If it indicates faulty memory might be the cause you can get a memory tester
    here
    http://oca.microsoft.com/en/wi­ndiag.asp

    If it mentions a core windows system file, meaning it a MS fix is required,
    upload a minidump to

    http://oca.microsoft.com

    Also try typing the main error code in Help while online (ie,
    Stop 0x50
    and also try in the 8 digit form
    stop 0x00000050)
    and if there are too many hits use a filename if available. Generally memory
    addresses are different for each computer (as each computer has a different
    mix of drivers) so parameters that are memory addresses aren't that useful for searching, but NTStatus codes are (plus you can look them up here http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/mingw/w32api/include/ddk/ntstatus.h?rev=1.2).

    "Phil Baliey" <PhilBaliey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD987D25-0113-4821-8324-7D5ECDEBE35C@microsoft.com...
    > Hi All
    >
    > Just wondering if somebody could help me, im getting a 8e stop error blue
    > screen and i need the microsoft hotfix just wondering if anyone else has used
    > this hotfix and if their are any copys out their available
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Phil

Blue Screen Microsoft Error Message Windows XP