What is the duty of the files?

Ronenk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently working with this article:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545
> The article mentions some files which has to be replaced in
> \windows\system32\config.
> There is no explanation on what is the duty of those files.
> Where can I aquire some more info on it?
> How can I view the content of it?
>
> Ronen

"How to recover from a corrupted registry that prevents Windows XP from
starting"

Their "duty" would have something to do with the REGISTRY!
Configurtation files, perhaps.

Although some people that are conspiracy-minded would say that their
main duty is to become corrupted.

--
Peace!
Kurt

This I know... it is not specific enough for me.
I would insist on getting more accurate respond.

"Ronenk" <Ronenk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This I know... it is not specific enough for me.
> I would insist on getting more accurate respond.
>
> "kurttrail" wrote:
>
>> Ronenk wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'm currently working with this article:
>> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545
>> > The article mentions some files which has to be replaced in
>> > \windows\system32\config.
>> > There is no explanation on what is the duty of those files.
>> > Where can I aquire some more info on it?
>> > How can I view the content of it?
>> >
>> > Ronen
>>
>> "How to recover from a corrupted registry that prevents Windows XP from
>> starting"
>>
>> Their "duty" would have something to do with the REGISTRY!
>> Configurtation files, perhaps.
>>
>> Although some people that are conspiracy-minded would say that their
>> main duty is to become corrupted.
>>
>> --
>> Peace!
>> Kurt
>> Self-anointed Moderator
>> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
>> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
>> "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!
>> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

In Windows XP the registry is comprised of hives which are stored in
separate files.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/sysinfo/base/registry_hives.asp

Kerry

Ronenk wrote:
> This I know... it is not specific enough for me.
> I would insist on getting more accurate respond.

What the hell is inaccurate in my response?

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

> Ronenk wrote:
> > This I know... it is not specific enough for me.
> > I would insist on getting more accurate respond.
>
> What the hell is inaccurate in my response?

Configurtation files, perhaps.

What the heck is a Configurtation file?

George

George wrote:
> "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in
> message news:OI7IzHyeFHA.2420@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> Ronenk wrote:
>>> This I know... it is not specific enough for me.
>>> I would insist on getting more accurate respond.
>>
>> What the hell is inaccurate in my response?
>
> Configurtation files, perhaps.
>
> What the heck is a Configurtation file?

Files that hold configuration info.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Load it into regedit.

"Ronenk" <Ronenk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DD4B9A4-0F37-4D26-B482-3B4982EF8AC7@microsoft.com...
> This I know... it is not specific enough for me.
> I would insist on getting more accurate respond.
>
> "kurttrail" wrote:
>
>> Ronenk wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'm currently working with this article:
>> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545
>> > The article mentions some files which has to be replaced in
>> > \windows\system32\config.
>> > There is no explanation on what is the duty of those files.
>> > Where can I aquire some more info on it?
>> > How can I view the content of it?
>> >
>> > Ronen
>>
>> "How to recover from a corrupted registry that prevents Windows XP from
>> starting"
>>
>> Their "duty" would have something to do with the REGISTRY!
>> Configurtation files, perhaps.
>>
>> Although some people that are conspiracy-minded would say that their
>> main duty is to become corrupted.
>>
>> --
>> Peace!
>> Kurt
>> Self-anointed Moderator
>> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
>> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
>> "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!
>> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Finall the real thing!!!

Thanx.

Ronen