Sign in with
Your question
Solved

The best Smartphone for the busy Professional

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
November 23, 2010 5:40:29 PM

I am a registerd Architect and Engineer who is constantly active throughout the day I am looking for a smartphone that would integrate all of my MS products like Outlook, Word and Excel along with conferencing, voice dialing and any application known that can provide me a portable office on the road. What is the best phone that would satisfy the above.

Thanks
a b I Smartphone
November 23, 2010 7:30:19 PM

Welcome to the forums!
What's your budget ?
m
l
November 23, 2010 11:25:33 PM

Regardless of budget, I'd start looking into the new Windows Phone 7. Depending on the model, it should meet your needs.
m
l
Related resources
November 24, 2010 1:51:27 PM

Maziar said:
Welcome to the forums!
What's your budget ?

Depends upon what features are provided. Obviously lower is better but if the features I need place the phone in a higher catagory then I am willing to weigh that feature with an increase in price, but if I were to guess about $250-400USD
m
l
a b I Smartphone
November 24, 2010 3:43:14 PM

Motorola Milestone(Droid) is one of the best phones in your price range.
m
l
December 4, 2010 4:11:46 PM

buwish said:
Regardless of budget, I'd start looking into the new Windows Phone 7. Depending on the model, it should meet your needs.

Kevin

What model phone would you reccommend for the Windows OS platform?

Thanks
m
l
a b I Smartphone
December 6, 2010 6:49:44 AM

HD7 is a good choice if you want the biggest screen.(However,it's reported to have ghosting problems)
If you need something more pocket friendly,have a look at HTC Mozart
m
l

Best solution

December 9, 2010 12:08:23 AM

Dont get the Motorola Milestone (Droid in US) - really flimsy. especially for a business user.

If you want to go Android (which is compatible with MS word, office, outlook, etc) I would say go the Motorola Droid Pro, for a smart business looking design. It is aimed at the BlackBerry market demographic afterall.

Other options would be HTC android based phones. These are very good quality phones with a range of prices and features. Look around your area for what is available on your local carriers. HTC is a brand which makes business-oriented phones as well as consumer-oriented. HTC would be my choice, purely as they have a good track-record, but I am biased :D 

I notice you want 'conferenceing' - by which i assume you mean face-to-face video? If so, you will be wanting a phone with a front-facing camera preferably with a decent megapixel size and quality. This means you are generally limited to the most recent models of android phone, which you do pay a premium for. However, if you are happy to go with say a slightly older Nokia with a Symbian-based OS, you can get a model of phone with a front facing camera pretty cheaply

December 11, 2010 3:11:34 PM

Best answer selected by MongooseST3.
m
l
!