How to install 32 bit video driver in virtual win7 mode 32 bit from windows 7

I have a win7 64 bit pro system that I have created a win7 32 bit virtual machine in because of one program that won't operate in 64 bit. The program needs 32 bit video drivers installed but I can't figure out how to do that.

I opened the setup on the video card cd but it says "the graphics adapter installed in this system is not compatible with the current set of drivers" and it won't install the drivers. The opening screen of the setup cd says "installed graphics adapter: not found".
5 answers Last reply
More about install video driver virtual win7 mode windows
  1. Hi jhag47

You did not say which virtual PC program you are using.

In Microsoft Virtual XP for Windows 7 (free for Win 7 Pro & Ultimate) there is a emulated S3 Graphics Card, with drivers provided by the Virtual Machine Additions drivers disk image. (the only hardware component not emulated is the CPU/Processor)

There is a similar situation in Microsoft Virtual PC 2007.
    (you provide the operating system disk, though there are some legal non Microsoft operating system virtual disk images available for download )

If the Windows 7 (32 bit) is running in a virtual machine what sort of graphics card is detected by Device Manager.
    Even if no driver is loaded there may be some useful hardware information which can be Googled to find make & model

regards

Mike Barnes
  2. I'm using Microsoft win7 32bit as my virtual machine which you can do instead of virtual XP. In device manager it doesn't show a graphics adapter at all, however the graphics card is a PNY Quadro 600.

The program is a CAD program that uses a 32bit camera to get it's images. The new 64bit camera is $25,000 and I don't have the money right now. I want to be able to take the images in the virtual 32bit machine but do the CAD designing in the 64bit environment because of the extra ram that is available.

The CAD software refuses to run in the virtual 32bit machine because it says the graphics card isn't configured properly. PNY tech support said that I just need to install the 32 bit drivers in the virtual machine and it will work fine, but I can't figure out how to do that.

It took PNY several days to get back to me with that advice after I left a message asking for support and I was hoping to shorten the process by getting the community to help me.
  3. I'm using Microsoft win7 32bit as my virtual machine which you can do instead of virtual XP. In device manager it doesn't show a graphics adapter at all, however the graphics card is a PNY Quadro 600.

The program is a CAD program that uses a 32bit camera to get it's images. The new 64bit camera is $25,000 and I don't have the money right now. I want to be able to take the images in the virtual 32bit machine but do the CAD designing in the 64bit environment because of the extra ram that is available.

The CAD software refuses to run in the virtual 32bit machine because it says the graphics card isn't configured properly. PNY tech support said that I just need to install the 32 bit drivers in the virtual machine and it will work fine, but I can't figure out how to do that.

It took PNY several days to get back to me with that advice after I left a message asking for support and I was hoping to shorten the process by getting the community to help me.
  4. Your best bet might be to do a dual boot with Windows 7 64 bit and 32 bit. And mbarnes86 was asking what program you were using to run Windows 7 32bit not what OS your were running in it.
  5. I am using Windows 7 Pro virtual machine, not any extra program. I'm not sure what else to say.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Video Driver Windows 7