Wired and Wireless File Sharing - Possible?

I have a MN-500 and have my desktop base computer (XP Pro)
set up on a wired ethernet connection to the router with a
shared folder and shared printer. I have a Motorola Cable
modem connected to the router. I can access the internet
with no problem and print fine (duh, yeah, it's a local
printer).

I also have a laptop connected wireless (XP Home) and can
access the internet with no problem but cannot print or
see the shared folder on the other computer. I set up a
shared folder as well on the laptop, but cannot see it on
the other computer.

My question is this? Can files and printers be shared
across a wireless and wired connection to the same router?
I was assuming "YES", but perhaps not.

If I can do this, what should I be looking to in order to
solve this problem? Thanks for any help.

Kemo Sabee

Your answer is correct. Perhaps the Help and Support information on
networking would assist you. You cannot be running any third-party firewall
without setting it up to run LAN traffic automatically when you're sharing.
Certain Norton (Symantec) programs and those like ZoneAlarm also are
included in this.

I posted elsewhere about networking, but you may be interested in the
information under "Learn" at this URL:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/default.mspx
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP

"Kemo Sabee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a MN-500 and have my desktop base computer (XP Pro)
> set up on a wired ethernet connection to the router with a
> shared folder and shared printer. I have a Motorola Cable
> modem connected to the router. I can access the internet
> with no problem and print fine (duh, yeah, it's a local
> printer).
>
> I also have a laptop connected wireless (XP Home) and can
> access the internet with no problem but cannot print or
> see the shared folder on the other computer. I set up a
> shared folder as well on the laptop, but cannot see it on
> the other computer.
>
> My question is this? Can files and printers be shared
> across a wireless and wired connection to the same router?
> I was assuming "YES", but perhaps not.
>
> If I can do this, what should I be looking to in order to
> solve this problem? Thanks for any help.
>
> Kemo Sabee

TRENDING THREADS