Dexeaur

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2006
Hi guys. I'm gonna buy a 19'lcd soon.

Was thinking of the LG 1980Q which i think looks drop dead sexy!

But on the other hand, its a bit pricy and was thinking of the Dell 1907/1905FP when all of a sudden, i bumped into the supposedly new 1906FP. Anyone care to comment on it?

Or if anyone has any suggestion on what a good 19' lcd should be for a decent price, i'm all ears. Budget is about 200GBP. Gaming, colour and ability to do couple of hours of office work daily is wat i need. Don't need fancy tilting or such.

Thanks guys.

tjsgifan

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2006
Hi there, well i'm in the UK and have both a 1905FP and 1907FP dell monitor on my machine. Just bought the 1907FP from Ebay about a month ago, was £178 inc VAT and Delivery, new with 3 year warranty. Have had the 1905FP for about 12 months or so, so I wouldn't look to buy a 1905FP now, as they've been around for a while.

I prefer the new 1907FP as it has a brightness and contrast control, which the 1905FP doesn't have, just contrast.

Run office stuff no problem and quite into online gaming as well and don't have a problem with either display. If i had a gripe, the 1907FP does not move in as many directions as the 1905, but to be honest if you hadn't had the 1905FP you'd be real pleased with the amount of flexibility the 1907 has. you can tilt, rotate, raise / lower. Not a lot else required really!!!

Both have 2 inputs, USB hub etc and can take a soundbar if required. Both come recommended, but if I had more cash I would have had one fo the Viewsonic range, as i've used them in the past and thought they were excellent.

There you go!

tj.