Opening a can of worms

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

When using canned worms, I think a manually operated can opener is the best tool
for the job because it is easily washable to prevent contamination for other
foods. But then again, has anyone ever seen canned worms on the shelf for sale?
I've seen live worms in fishing bait stores, and frozen and freeze dried worms
as aquatic fish food, but canned worms I must say I have not seen.

Bungy

Bungholio wrote:

>When using canned worms, I think a manually operated can opener is the best tool
>for the job because it is easily washable to prevent contamination for other
>foods. But then again, has anyone ever seen canned worms on the shelf for sale?
>I've seen live worms in fishing bait stores, and frozen and freeze dried worms
>as aquatic fish food, but canned worms I must say I have not seen.
>
>Bungy

I think, the phrase is based on the idea that canned food can become
contaminated with maggots.
Hence the colorful metaphor.

Yours in entertainment.

Tracy Johnson

Bungholio wrote:
> When using canned worms, I think a manually operated can opener is the best tool
> for the job because it is easily washable to prevent contamination for other
> foods. But then again, has anyone ever seen canned worms on the shelf for sale?
> I've seen live worms in fishing bait stores, and frozen and freeze dried worms
> as aquatic fish food, but canned worms I must say I have not seen.
>
> Bungy

Try

http://www.wormbins.com/
http://sugarglider.safeshopper.com/88/cat88.htm?742