What is user called "asp.net machine A...""

Noticed this user was added either during HP printer installation or during
DSL installation. What is it and can I delete it?
--
Brent
4 answers Last reply

    b1miller wrote:
    > Noticed this user was added either during HP printer installation or
    > during DSL installation. What is it and can I delete it?

    It is part of the .NET framework installation. And yes, you can delete
    it, but why bother?

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt

    Hi

    Please have a look a the following article:

    "What is the ASP.NET Machine Account?"
    http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "b1miller" <b1miller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Noticed this user was added either during HP printer installation or
    > during
    > DSL installation. What is it and can I delete it?
    > --
    > Brent

    That comes with.net framework.

    "b1miller" <b1miller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Noticed this user was added either during HP printer installation or
    > during
    > DSL installation. What is it and can I delete it?
    > --
    > Brent

    Hi Brent,

    ..Net 1.1 creates the user account with or without IIS being installed. It
    is installed during the .Net Framework update. It can only be deleted, not
    disabled.

    If you generally use Auto-Logon:

    Welcome to Windows Screen Appears When You Start Windows XP After You
    Install the .NET Framework 1.1: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=827072

    To correct:

    1. Go to Start/Run and type in: control userpasswords2 and press ok.

    2. On the Users tab, left click your user name then clear the Users Must
    Enter A User Name And Password To Use This Computer check box and then click
    OK.

    3. In the Automatically Log On dialog box that appears, type the "user name
    and password" for the account you want to be logged on each time you start
    your computer.

    Added note: (Alex MVP)

    If you want to logon to one of the other users, hold down shift as the
    system boots up.

    Tip:

    Add Control UserPasswords2 to the Control Panel (Line 1)

    Remove ASPNET from the Welcome Screen for Auto Logon (Line 352) Right hand
    side

    Resolves the Auto Logon within 1.1 issue:

    Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8f5654f-088e-40b2-bbdb-a83353618b38&displaylang=en

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "youllneverguess" <brianconnerremovethis@mail2web.net> wrote in message
    > That comes with.net framework.
    >
    > "b1miller" <b1miller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Noticed this user was added either during HP printer installation or
    >> during
    >> DSL installation. What is it and can I delete it?
    >> --
    >> Brent

Microsoft Windows XP HP Printers