domain user get locked out

a b D Laptop
June 27, 2005 2:04:04 PM

I am using my company's laptop, which has comapny's network domain name.
Every time I start my laptop, I need type in user name and password and
domain name automatically showed at the bottom line, click enter then it will
let me get onto the laptop ( I have been taking about working locally on my
laptop). This morning, I tried to change the network connection from using
domain to group work then restarted it. After the machine start, there is no
domain line showing at the bottom line and it won't let me log on the
computer any more. Any comments can let me change the network connection back
to the domain? Now I am not able to log on the lap top! I can not do anything
without this laptop and I am waiting on line. Thanks!

More about : domain user locked

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 27, 2005 3:43:12 PM

You need to know the local administrator password.

Now that you removed the computer from the domain, none of the domain users
exist anymore.

Type in "Administrator" for the user name, and then supply the local admin
password.

Matt Gibson - GSEC

"RBT" <RBT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using my company's laptop, which has comapny's network domain name.
> Every time I start my laptop, I need type in user name and password and
> domain name automatically showed at the bottom line, click enter then it
> will
> let me get onto the laptop ( I have been taking about working locally on
> my
> laptop). This morning, I tried to change the network connection from using
> domain to group work then restarted it. After the machine start, there is
> no
> domain line showing at the bottom line and it won't let me log on the
> computer any more. Any comments can let me change the network connection
> back
> to the domain? Now I am not able to log on the lap top! I can not do
> anything
> without this laptop and I am waiting on line. Thanks!

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 28, 2005 12:32:27 AM

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 10:04:04 -0700, RBT
<RBT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am using my company's laptop, which has comapny's network domain name.
>Every time I start my laptop, I need type in user name and password and
>domain name automatically showed at the bottom line, click enter then it will
>let me get onto the laptop ( I have been taking about working locally on my
>laptop). This morning, I tried to change the network connection from using
>domain to group work then restarted it. After the machine start, there is no
>domain line showing at the bottom line and it won't let me log on the
>computer any more. Any comments can let me change the network connection back
>to the domain? Now I am not able to log on the lap top! I can not do anything
>without this laptop and I am waiting on line. Thanks!

You need to talk to your Company's IT folks. You more than likely
won't have the rights to add this machine back to the domain. You
don't see the Domain line there anymore because you took the machine
off the Domain. You don't have a local user account, as one was never
set up for you on that computer.

Frankly, if I was your IT person, you would at this point be
forfieting your privilege of having a company laptop for use anywhere
but at work. It's there's, not yours, and you didn't have any
permission to go monkeying around with the settings.
!