News of the Next Game

pat

Expert
Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

As Petting Zoo IV grinds on at a leisurly (some would say glacialy) pace,
I thought I would post an update concerning the next Empire game.

I am not sure when it will start (seeing as how I am armpit deep into
PZ4 right now) but probabyl in July I will start my next game. And the
game will be called European Empire IX.

For those of you not familiar, EE games are actually played on a map
of Europe. If you would like to see this map, you may point your web
browser to http://www.usr.ch/overlord/euro9.jpg. (I did take a huge hunk
out of NW Russia since that was way too many sectors. hence that area of
the map looks "goofy".)

Anyway, EE9 will NOT use the 2K4 mods. It is based on the latest version
of the server code. The only real major mods I have made is to the land unit
file. Continental games are nasty with units so I clipped their capabilies
a bit (amount of mil they can carry and speed mainly).

No need to register yet, but mark your calanders loosly. And look on
the wolfpack web site for news of previous EE games (I and III are there I
think. III was a clasic.)

The more players in this game, the much better it will be. I've had
as many at 68 countries break in a EE game. So if you are out there, and
reading this, get ready to play.

Pat
AKA Overlord

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

if EK plays, you should make him "France".