Cybercraig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Damn, I did it again! I have a 5gb partition as "C" drive and a 109gb partition as "F" drive. I need to get back to 50/50 or so. Since XP is in "C", is there anyway to enlarge "C"? I'm getting wierd ideas about re-naming the drives and transfering everything in "C" to "F". Any ideas?

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds. Now, let's eat!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Partition Magic can resize partitions without loosing the data, but I've never used it simply because I haven't had the need.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

quadmaster

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
Hi there

I also recommend you Power Quests Partition Magic

I have used it successfully

Install it on your C drive the interface is self explanatory

or try its help guide its flash based it will tell you exactly how to go about and after you do all the setting on the software and the moment you click on apply it will start its work the system will be rebooted and the partition resizing will be done in dos mode itself
(This is how it happened in Win98 i don't know about XP but i think so that it will happen properly) leave the rest to the software.

It will surely solve your problem

Cybercraig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Thanks guys. I came to the same conclusion too. I might as well spring for it because I'm bound to need it again.

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds. Now, let's eat!