USB Hardware name query?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

If I plug my USB scanner or web cam into another USB port its name changes,
eg:

Scanner #1 becomes Scanner #2 .

At the moment I have Scanner #5 and WebCam #4.

Why does this happen and can I reset the names back to #1

--
Paul Woodsford
Remove NOSPAM to reply.

Paul Woodsford wrote:
> If I plug my USB scanner or web cam into another USB port its name
> changes, eg:
>
> Scanner #1 becomes Scanner #2 .
>
> At the moment I have Scanner #5 and WebCam #4.
>
> Why does this happen and can I reset the names back to #1

Other than the obviously anal part of your request, what's the problem?

--
Peace!
Kurt

> Paul Woodsford wrote:
>> If I plug my USB scanner or web cam into another USB port its name
>> changes, eg:
>>
>> Scanner #1 becomes Scanner #2 .
>>
>> At the moment I have Scanner #5 and WebCam #4.
>>
>> Why does this happen and can I reset the names back to #1
>
> Other than the obviously anal part of your request, what's the problem?
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Thanks for your help. Another, more helpful newsgroup, provided the answer.

Oh, by the way, I know a good psychiatrist who can help with your anal
fixation problem.

Paul Woodsford wrote:
> "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in
> message news:OFYpQT0eFHA.2732@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> Paul Woodsford wrote:
>>> If I plug my USB scanner or web cam into another USB port its name
>>> changes, eg:
>>>
>>> Scanner #1 becomes Scanner #2 .
>>>
>>> At the moment I have Scanner #5 and WebCam #4.
>>>
>>> Why does this happen and can I reset the names back to #1
>>
>> Other than the obviously anal part of your request, what's the
>> problem?
> Thanks for your help. Another, more helpful newsgroup, provided the
> answer.
> Oh, by the way, I know a good psychiatrist who can help with your anal
> fixation problem.

I'm not the one so anal that I need my devise named a certain way! And
if you are suggesting I see your psychiatrist, he/she can't be all that
good, since you can't deal with leaving your USB devises named as they
are.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

All you had to do was explain why the USB hardware items are renamed and
that would have been all that was required but instead you had to be a
cleverdick and make an abusive comment instead. This points to a deepseated
problem which I feel could be helped by suitable psychiatric assisstance.
We are not all computer whizzkids and sometimes we ask questions that may
seem stupid to the experts and when answered we go away having learned a
little more.
God knows what you do for a living, if anything, but I'm glad I don't have
to work with you. You must be a real proverbial " Pain in the ass".

Good night and I hope you soon grow up. Don't worry there must be someone in
the world who loves you.
--
Paul Woodsford
Remove NOSPAM to reply.

Paul Woodsford wrote:
>"kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in
> message news:OFYpQT0eFHA.2732@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> Paul Woodsford wrote:
>>> "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in
>>> message news:OFYpQT0eFHA.2732@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...

>>> Thanks for your help. Another, more helpful newsgroup, provided the
>>> answer.
>>> Oh, by the way, I know a good psychiatrist who can help with your
>>> anal fixation problem.
>>
>> I'm not the one so anal that I need my devise named a certain way!
>> And if you are suggesting I see your psychiatrist, he/she can't be
>> all that good, since you can't deal with leaving your USB devises
>> named as they are.
> All you had to do was explain why the USB hardware items are renamed
> and that would have been all that was required but instead you had to
> be a cleverdick

No such thing as a clever dick. A Tricky Dick, but not a clever one.

> and make an abusive comment instead.

LOL! Abusive! "Other than the obviously anal part of your request,
what's the problem?"

You have a very low threshold on what it abusive! Maybe you should talk
to your shrink about your wimpishness, after you get a handle on not
being so anal.

> This points to a
> deepseated problem which I feel could be helped by suitable
> psychiatric assisstance.

I agree, you do need help.

> We are not all computer whizzkids

But you do seem like a little piss-boy!

> and
> sometimes we ask questions that may seem stupid to the experts and
> when answered we go away having learned a little more.

I didn't say or imply that you were stupid. I asked you what the
problem was, other than you didn't like the name of your USB device.
You could have answered that their was no problem, per se. But you
didn't.

> God knows what you do for a living, if anything, but I'm glad I don't
> have to work with you. You must be a real proverbial " Pain in the
> ass".

LOL! I prefer "A**hole," myself.

> Good night and I hope you soon grow up.

LOL! Why? Most of those I know that believe they are mature, are the
most miserable human beings I've met.

> Don't worry there must be
> someone in the world who loves you.

LOL! Me No Worry. Me Happy! I am self-actualized enough, not to take
myself so seriously. And I feel sorry for anal-f*#ks like you, that
spend your life squeezing your sphincter so tight, and have such a sour
puss all the time.

--
Peace!
Kurt