Is there an easy way to organize the Start/Programs into folders
similar to arranging Favorites/Bookmarks?
List of programs is two full columns and with larger font for AMD
patient to read program titles the listing spills over the screen
size.

R-click, Start, Open All Users, Programs, Drag and drop to clean up.

"E/B" <embillma@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Is there an easy way to organize the Start/Programs into folders
>similar to arranging Favorites/Bookmarks?

Check the contents of the folders C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALL
USERS\START MENU and C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\{username}\START MENU
in an Explorer window and rearrange your Start Menu from here.

--
(tm)
ICQ: 192649233

Many thanks. List is now in hand for size.
Keep learning little tricks; big trick is remembering all.

Bob I wrote:
: : R-click, Start, Open All Users, Programs, Drag and drop to clean
up.
: :
: : E/B wrote:
: :
: : : Is there an easy way to organize the Start/Programs into folders
: : : similar to arranging Favorites/Bookmarks?
: : : List of programs is two full columns and with larger font for
AMD
: : : patient to read program titles the listing spills over the
screen
: : : size.

You're welcome, and have a good one!

E/B wrote:

> Many thanks. List is now in hand for size.
> Keep learning little tricks; big trick is remembering all.
>
> Bob I wrote:
> : : R-click, Start, Open All Users, Programs, Drag and drop to clean
> up.
> : :
> : : E/B wrote:
> : :
> : : : Is there an easy way to organize the Start/Programs into folders
> : : : similar to arranging Favorites/Bookmarks?
> : : : List of programs is two full columns and with larger font for
> AMD
> : : : patient to read program titles the listing spills over the
> screen
> : : : size.

Hi Bob:

I was just trying to resolve the same problem as E/B and your answer took
care of it for me. Many Thanks!

One other thing that I would like to do is to move the "All Programs" button
(or whatever it is called) up higher on the Start menu. Unless I am really
careful, when I pull-up the Start menu my cursor almost always gets close
enough to the "All Programs" button and it brings up my list of programs even
though that is not what I wanted. I would like to move the "All Programs" up
away from the Start button. Any ideas would be most appreciated!

Thanks again!

Paul

"Bob I" wrote:

> R-click, Start, Open All Users, Programs, Drag and drop to clean up.
>
> E/B wrote:
>
> > Is there an easy way to organize the Start/Programs into folders
> > similar to arranging Favorites/Bookmarks?
> > List of programs is two full columns and with larger font for AMD
> > patient to read program titles the listing spills over the screen
> > size.

Drag the Taskbar over to the right side of the screen, that will change
the location relative to the Start button.

Paul Christensen wrote:

> Hi Bob:
>
> I was just trying to resolve the same problem as E/B and your answer took
> care of it for me. Many Thanks!
>
> One other thing that I would like to do is to move the "All Programs" button
> (or whatever it is called) up higher on the Start menu. Unless I am really
> careful, when I pull-up the Start menu my cursor almost always gets close
> enough to the "All Programs" button and it brings up my list of programs even
> though that is not what I wanted. I would like to move the "All Programs" up
> away from the Start button. Any ideas would be most appreciated!
>
> Thanks again!
>
> Paul
>

> "Bob I" wrote:
>

>>R-click, Start, Open All Users, Programs, Drag and drop to clean up.
>>
>>E/B wrote:
>>

>>>Is there an easy way to organize the Start/Programs into folders
>>>similar to arranging Favorites/Bookmarks?
>>>List of programs is two full columns and with larger font for AMD
>>>patient to read program titles the listing spills over the screen
>>>size.

Hi Bob:

Thanks for the response! You're right that dragging the Taskbar over to the
right side of the screen changes the Start button's location relative to the
other buttons and, thus, eliminates my problem. I'm just not sure, though,
that I can get used to the vertical Taskbar.

Thanks again,

Paul

"Bob I" wrote:

> Drag the Taskbar over to the right side of the screen, that will change
> the location relative to the Start button.
>
> Paul Christensen wrote:
>
> > Hi Bob:
> >
> > I was just trying to resolve the same problem as E/B and your answer took
> > care of it for me. Many Thanks!
> >
> > One other thing that I would like to do is to move the "All Programs" button
> > (or whatever it is called) up higher on the Start menu. Unless I am really
> > careful, when I pull-up the Start menu my cursor almost always gets close
> > enough to the "All Programs" button and it brings up my list of programs even
> > though that is not what I wanted. I would like to move the "All Programs" up
> > away from the Start button. Any ideas would be most appreciated!
> >
> > Thanks again!
> >
> > Paul
> >

> > "Bob I" wrote:
> >

> >>R-click, Start, Open All Users, Programs, Drag and drop to clean up.

Personally I prefer it on the right-hand side, as that results in more
"vertical" usable screen.

Paul Christensen wrote:

> Hi Bob:
>
> Thanks for the response! You're right that dragging the Taskbar over to the
> right side of the screen changes the Start button's location relative to the
> other buttons and, thus, eliminates my problem. I'm just not sure, though,
> that I can get used to the vertical Taskbar.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Paul
>

> "Bob I" wrote:
>

>>Drag the Taskbar over to the right side of the screen, that will change
>>the location relative to the Start button.
>>
>>Paul Christensen wrote:
>>

>>>Hi Bob:
>>>
>>>I was just trying to resolve the same problem as E/B and your answer took
>>>care of it for me. Many Thanks!
>>>
>>>One other thing that I would like to do is to move the "All Programs" button
>>>(or whatever it is called) up higher on the Start menu. Unless I am really
>>>careful, when I pull-up the Start menu my cursor almost always gets close
>>>enough to the "All Programs" button and it brings up my list of programs even
>>>though that is not what I wanted. I would like to move the "All Programs" up
>>>away from the Start button. Any ideas would be most appreciated!
>>>
>>>Thanks again!
>>>
>>>Paul

Yeah, I tried it but couldn't get used to it that way so I tried it up on the
top of the screen. But, I guess I'm just a "creature of habit" because it is
now back at the bottom of my screen. Sure would be nice if Microsoft would
build-in the option to move the buttons around to your preference.

Anyway, thanks again for the idea!

Paul

"Bob I" wrote:

> Personally I prefer it on the right-hand side, as that results in more
> "vertical" usable screen.
>
> Paul Christensen wrote:
>
> > Hi Bob:
> >
> > Thanks for the response! You're right that dragging the Taskbar over to the
> > right side of the screen changes the Start button's location relative to the
> > other buttons and, thus, eliminates my problem. I'm just not sure, though,
> > that I can get used to the vertical Taskbar.
> >
> > Thanks again,
> >
> > Paul
> >

> > "Bob I" wrote:
> >

> >>Drag the Taskbar over to the right side of the screen, that will change
> >>the location relative to the Start button.

Change to Classic mode then.

Paul Christensen wrote:

> Yeah, I tried it but couldn't get used to it that way so I tried it up on the
> top of the screen. But, I guess I'm just a "creature of habit" because it is
> now back at the bottom of my screen. Sure would be nice if Microsoft would
> build-in the option to move the buttons around to your preference.
>
> Anyway, thanks again for the idea!
>
> Paul
>

> "Bob I" wrote:
>

>>Personally I prefer it on the right-hand side, as that results in more
>>"vertical" usable screen.
>>
>>Paul Christensen wrote:
>>

>>>Hi Bob:
>>>
>>>Thanks for the response! You're right that dragging the Taskbar over to the
>>>right side of the screen changes the Start button's location relative to the
>>>other buttons and, thus, eliminates my problem. I'm just not sure, though,
>>>that I can get used to the vertical Taskbar.
>>>
>>>Thanks again,
>>>
>>>Paul

Or shortcut on Desktop

Paul Christensen wrote:

> Yeah, I tried it but couldn't get used to it that way so I tried it up on the
> top of the screen. But, I guess I'm just a "creature of habit" because it is
> now back at the bottom of my screen. Sure would be nice if Microsoft would
> build-in the option to move the buttons around to your preference.
>
> Anyway, thanks again for the idea!
>
> Paul
>

> "Bob I" wrote:
>

>>Personally I prefer it on the right-hand side, as that results in more
>>"vertical" usable screen.
>>
>>Paul Christensen wrote:
>>

>>>Hi Bob:
>>>
>>>Thanks for the response! You're right that dragging the Taskbar over to the
>>>right side of the screen changes the Start button's location relative to the
>>>other buttons and, thus, eliminates my problem. I'm just not sure, though,
>>>that I can get used to the vertical Taskbar.
>>>
>>>Thanks again,
>>>
>>>Paul

I'll give them a try. Thanks, again!

"Bob I" wrote:

> Or shortcut on Desktop
>
> Paul Christensen wrote:
>
> > Yeah, I tried it but couldn't get used to it that way so I tried it up on the
> > top of the screen. But, I guess I'm just a "creature of habit" because it is
> > now back at the bottom of my screen. Sure would be nice if Microsoft would
> > build-in the option to move the buttons around to your preference.
> >
> > Anyway, thanks again for the idea!
> >
> > Paul
> >

> > "Bob I" wrote:
> >

> >>Personally I prefer it on the right-hand side, as that results in more

You're welcome, hope one of them is satisfactory.