Sign in with
Your question

Need Audigy Pin Out Configuration for Front Panel

Last response: in Components
June 4, 2004 8:32:45 PM

Does anyone know the pinout configuration on a SB audigy 2 so that i can hookup up my front panel audio connector. THe card has an array of pins that are for connecting the Sound Blaster 5.25" bay front control panel, but i would like to use the jacks that are built into my case.

Thanks for any info,
Rick
June 10, 2004 7:39:23 PM

I have the same problem currently.

Creative Labs doesn't have the pinout on their site for the Audigy 2ZS. I sent them an email asking for it and they promptly replied to me that I could not hook up my front panel headphones/mic to their card.

But they would be more than happy to sell me a new front panel module that could hook up headphones/mic through the exact same 10-pin port. I'm calling BS.

I believe that my current front panel from the case manufacturer (CoolerMaster) can be hooked up just fine. They just want me to buy their front plate. Screw that, I'll just try all the pins first. There are only 10, will probably take 15 minutes.

Jak
June 10, 2004 9:56:55 PM

Won't work.

The Audigy I/O pins are digital and are meant to feed the stupid Live!Drive thing.

I wish I could help you out but it's just the way the cookie crumbles

*Dual PIII-800 @900 i440BX and Tualeron 1.2 @1.7 i815*
Related resources
June 10, 2004 11:26:45 PM

Bumber, I was hoping it wasn't something like that. I was praying that there was a set of analogs in there.

Thanks for the info,
-Rick
June 10, 2004 11:58:39 PM

They don't publish their pinout and so far no one (that I know of) has been successful at reverse engineering it.

He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it, hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart. -C.S. Lewis
June 12, 2004 4:04:53 AM

Nope, there was a company that did it, they were selling front panel devices similar to the Live Drive in functionality a couple years ago, you must search them out now!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
June 12, 2004 4:06:15 AM

Don't worry d00d, it's not all digital, there are both digital and analog components connected to it. Borrow a live drive from someone and follow the traces!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
June 12, 2004 4:09:24 AM

Nope, the cable carries both digital and analog signal wires. Someone was selling a substitute for the Live Drive a couple years ago, that company might still be around.

June 12, 2004 4:11:04 AM

That was a Live!Drive for the Audigy 1.

They changed the pinouts for the Audigy 2.

June 12, 2004 4:12:46 AM

Buy that part, follow the traces back, then post a pin diagram for everyone else!

June 12, 2004 4:58:27 AM

Live Drive II goes all the way back to the later days of the SB Live, the Platinum 5.1. Live Drive was interchangable with Live Drive II on the Live, so the pin arrangement should be the same. The 1394 interface on the latest Audigy II Live Drives is carried by a separate cable. Also another member pointed out that Creative offered to sell him a front panel interface using 10 pins...I think he means the smaller group of pins from the 2 groups covered by the 40-wire cable.

June 12, 2004 5:50:24 AM

OMG! Here I thought the Live Drive II was the Live Drive II regardless if it came with an Audigy or Audigy II, thanks for the heads up!

June 12, 2004 5:51:35 AM

BTW, WTF do the analog inputs and outputs connect to, a DAC on the newer Live Drive?

June 12, 2004 6:02:51 AM

Audigy 1 & Live! AD_EXT: by JCLW

<pre> VCC +5V power supply 1 X X 2 VCC +5V power supply
GND Ground 3 X X 4 AC97CLK 24.5 MHz clock output
GND Ground 5 X X 6 GP_SPDIFIN#2 SPDIF input signal
GND Ground 7 X X 8 GND Ground
SPDIFO#3 SPDIF Out signal 9 X X 10 GPO1 General Purpose Output #1
GPO2 General Purpose Output #2 11 X X 12 GND Ground
GPO0 General Purpose Output #0 13 X X 14 GND Ground
GP_SPDIFIN1 SPDIF Input signal 15 X X 16 GND Ground
SPDIFO#0 SPDIF Out signal 17 X X 18 GND Ground
SPDIFO#1 SPDIF Out signal 19 X X 20 GND Ground
GND Ground 21 X X 22 SPDIFO#2 SPDIF Out signal
GPI0 Digital Input (GP Input 0; Reserved) 23 X X 24 GPI1 Digital Input, (GP Input 1; Reserved)
OUTMIDI MIDI Output 25 X X 26 GND Ground
INMIDI MIDI Input 27 X X 28 GND Ground
No pin 29 30 No pin
ADCSDO2 I2S audio data input 31 X X 32 GND Ground
ADCSDO1 I2S audio data input 33 X X 34 GND Ground
ADCSDO0 I2S audio data input 35 X X 36 GND Ground
I2SCLK I2S serial bit clock 37 X X 38 GND Ground
I2SFS Frame sync 39 X X 40 GND Ground</pre><p>Audigy 2 AD_EXT: by JCLW
<pre> +5V 1 X 2 No pin
Ground 3 X X 4 Ground
SPDIF in 5 X X 6 Ground
Ground 7 X X 8 Ground
SPDIF out 9 X 10 No pin
No header 11 12 No header
SPDIF out 13 X X 14 Ground
SPDIF out 15 X X 16 Ground
SPDIF out 17 X X 18 Ground
19 X X 20 Ground
21 X X 22 Ground
23 X X 24
25 X X 26 Ground
27 X X 28 Ground
29 X X 30 Ground
31 X X 32 Ground
33 X X 34
35 X X 36
37 X X 38 Ground
39 X 40 No pin</pre><p>Live!, Audigy 1 & 2 SB1394 (useful for connecting front case FireWire port): by JCLW
<pre> ?TPB-? 1 X X 2 ?TPA+?
?NC? 3 X X 4 ?TPA-?
?NC? 5 X X 6 ?VG?
?VP? 7 X X 8 ?NC?
No pin 9 X 10 ?TPB+?</pre><p>Live!, Audigy 1 & ?2? VOL_CTRL (useful for connecting front case or remote volume control): by JCLW
<pre> Volume down 1 X
No pin 2
Volume up 3 X
Common 4 X</pre><p><font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
June 12, 2004 6:07:33 AM

Well if none of this pans out, you could always connect your microphone and headphone to the TAD jack, but then you'd have monural sound from your front panel!

These cards do have the TAD jack, no?

June 12, 2004 2:08:01 PM

Yes, they run through DACs, and then over a SPDIF line (as far as anyone can figure out)

How did you get them to display in a monospaced font? I tried
but it didn't work.

June 12, 2004 9:35:16 PM

pretext is monospaced.

!