Windows 7 PC + Mac Clone in one system?

ECUPirate

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
I have been using this website for research and info for a while now, but this is my first post. I hope i am posting this in the correct category. Any way..

I am a long time Mac user (no haters please) and although very familiar with Windows and Linux i have always preferred a Mac for day to day task. But I recently decided to build my first PC for work purposes (system admin) as well as I thought it would be a fun project, plus i figured it was time to own a PC again even though I use them on a daily basis. The build turned out great (i will post specs below) and i am very happy with it overall, it is a great system.

Although i don't have a real NEED for it, i like having a project ;). My tower has 3 hardrives a Intel 520 180Gb SSD, a 500Gb WD RE4, and a 1TB Seagate. The SSD is a new addition and at the moment i don't have any need for the RE4, my question is can I create a Mac clone on the WD and still be able to boot back and forth to Windows by changing the boot priority in the BIOS? The setup would work great for me and ive always wanted to try building a Mac clone. This should be possible correct? I couldn't think of a reason why it wouldn't. I tried doing some quick research on the subject but was unable to find anything all that useful. I would love input preferably by posters experienced in this area, but any input is really a big help. Thoughts??

Anyway thanks in advance for the help! It is greatly appreciated.

HAF-XM
i5 3570k + CM 212 EVO
Asus P8z77-V LK
G.Skillz RipJaws 2x4Gb
Sapphire 7850
Lepa G900-MA 900W PSU
Intel 520 Cherryville 180Gb SSD
WD 500Gb@7200rpm
Seagate 1TB@5900
Asus Blu-Ray Burner
Asus VW246H 24" LCD Monitor

womble

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
The best website I found for this really is tonymacx86.com I took the easier route by using one of the supported Gigabyte boards. However people have used other boards too so you should be able to find some useful information there.

If windows is installed first you can use the bootloader to choose which to run. Most motherboards have the option to select a boot drive without faffing around in the bios which is what I do.