ZIp problem in windows XP

When I attempt to download a zip file in XP it doesn't prompt me to save or
open the file it just opens it.

How do i fix this
3 answers Last reply
More about problem windows

    See if the box for Confirm open after download is checked - See:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308090

    Doug Sherman
    MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

    "Red Deer Techy" <Red Deer Techy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I attempt to download a zip file in XP it doesn't prompt me to save
    or
    > open the file it just opens it.
    >
    > How do i fix this

    "Red Deer Techy" <Red Deer Techy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I attempt to download a zip file in XP it doesn't prompt me to save
    > or
    > open the file it just opens it.
    >
    > How do i fix this

    right click on the link. Read the options available and choose the relevant
    one.

    "Red Deer Techy" <Red Deer Techy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >When I attempt to download a zip file in XP it doesn't prompt me to save or
    >open the file it just opens it.

    See "Not Prompted to Specify Download Folder for File"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=177976).

    --
    (tm)
    ICQ: 192649233