ZIp problem in windows XP

June 27, 2005 4:03:06 PM

When I attempt to download a zip file in XP it doesn't prompt me to save or
open the file it just opens it.

How do i fix this

More about : zip problem windows

Anonymous
June 27, 2005 7:31:38 PM

See if the box for Confirm open after download is checked - See:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308090

Doug Sherman
MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

"Red Deer Techy" <Red Deer Techy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I attempt to download a zip file in XP it doesn't prompt me to save
or
> open the file it just opens it.
>
> How do i fix this
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 12:33:31 AM

"Red Deer Techy" <Red Deer Techy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I attempt to download a zip file in XP it doesn't prompt me to save
> or
> open the file it just opens it.
>
> How do i fix this

right click on the link. Read the options available and choose the relevant
one.
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 1:24:41 AM

"Red Deer Techy" <Red Deer Techy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When I attempt to download a zip file in XP it doesn't prompt me to save or
>open the file it just opens it.

See "Not Prompted to Specify Download Folder for File"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=177976).

--
(tm)
ICQ: 192649233