active desktop recovery

I am using an IBM R52 laptop; whenever I start the computer, I get the
"warning" screen that the active desktop has to be restored. I have tried to
delete the Desktop.htt file but that did not seem to help. When I open
Internet Explorer, it opens to a default web page - I set that to the blank
page and it seems to work when I reopen IE (goes to the blank page) but then
when I reboot, I get the error message; if I leave IE on the default web
page, the active desktop recovery warning page does not appear. Any thoughts
on how I can fix that?
3 answers Last reply
More about active desktop recovery

    Start>Run>Start/Run and type in: regsvr32 /i shell32>ok

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    HJC wrote:

    > I am using an IBM R52 laptop; whenever I start the computer, I get the
    > "warning" screen that the active desktop has to be restored. I have tried to
    > delete the Desktop.htt file but that did not seem to help. When I open
    > Internet Explorer, it opens to a default web page - I set that to the blank
    > page and it seems to work when I reopen IE (goes to the blank page) but then
    > when I reboot, I get the error message; if I leave IE on the default web
    > page, the active desktop recovery warning page does not appear. Any thoughts
    > on how I can fix that?

    Thank you for the suggestion (actually copied & pasted it to make sure it is
    typed correctly); unfortunately, the problem is still occuring. I get the
    desktop screen - it then loads more - then I get a white screen and then the
    active desktop recovery. Is there a next step I can take>

    "S.Sengupta" wrote:

    > Start>Run>Start/Run and type in: regsvr32 /i shell32>ok
    >
    > regards,
    > ssg MS-MVP
    >
    > HJC wrote:
    >
    > > I am using an IBM R52 laptop; whenever I start the computer, I get the
    > > "warning" screen that the active desktop has to be restored. I have tried to
    > > delete the Desktop.htt file but that did not seem to help. When I open
    > > Internet Explorer, it opens to a default web page - I set that to the blank
    > > page and it seems to work when I reopen IE (goes to the blank page) but then
    > > when I reboot, I get the error message; if I leave IE on the default web
    > > page, the active desktop recovery warning page does not appear. Any thoughts
    > > on how I can fix that?

    I have to echo the question. I have the same problem, have tried the
    suggested solution, and have gotten no resolution of the problem. I'd love
    ideas!

    Thanks,
    BC

    "HJC" wrote:

    > Thank you for the suggestion (actually copied & pasted it to make sure it is
    > typed correctly); unfortunately, the problem is still occuring. I get the
    > desktop screen - it then loads more - then I get a white screen and then the
    > active desktop recovery. Is there a next step I can take>
    >
    > "S.Sengupta" wrote:
    >
    > > Start>Run>Start/Run and type in: regsvr32 /i shell32>ok
    > >
    > > regards,
    > > ssg MS-MVP
    > >
    > > HJC wrote:
    > >
    > > > I am using an IBM R52 laptop; whenever I start the computer, I get the
    > > > "warning" screen that the active desktop has to be restored. I have tried to
    > > > delete the Desktop.htt file but that did not seem to help. When I open
    > > > Internet Explorer, it opens to a default web page - I set that to the blank
    > > > page and it seems to work when I reopen IE (goes to the blank page) but then
    > > > when I reboot, I get the error message; if I leave IE on the default web
    > > > page, the active desktop recovery warning page does not appear. Any thoughts
    > > > on how I can fix that?

Data Recovery Internet Explorer Desktops Windows XP