active desktop recovery

June 27, 2005 4:17:02 PM

I am using an IBM R52 laptop; whenever I start the computer, I get the
"warning" screen that the active desktop has to be restored. I have tried to
delete the Desktop.htt file but that did not seem to help. When I open
Internet Explorer, it opens to a default web page - I set that to the blank
page and it seems to work when I reopen IE (goes to the blank page) but then
when I reboot, I get the error message; if I leave IE on the default web
page, the active desktop recovery warning page does not appear. Any thoughts
on how I can fix that?
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 7:41:40 PM

Start>Run>Start/Run and type in: regsvr32 /i shell32>ok

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

HJC wrote:

> I am using an IBM R52 laptop; whenever I start the computer, I get the
> "warning" screen that the active desktop has to be restored. I have tried to
> delete the Desktop.htt file but that did not seem to help. When I open
> Internet Explorer, it opens to a default web page - I set that to the blank
> page and it seems to work when I reopen IE (goes to the blank page) but then
> when I reboot, I get the error message; if I leave IE on the default web
> page, the active desktop recovery warning page does not appear. Any thoughts
> on how I can fix that?
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 7:41:41 PM

Thank you for the suggestion (actually copied & pasted it to make sure it is
typed correctly); unfortunately, the problem is still occuring. I get the
desktop screen - it then loads more - then I get a white screen and then the
active desktop recovery. Is there a next step I can take>

"S.Sengupta" wrote:

> Start>Run>Start/Run and type in: regsvr32 /i shell32>ok
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>
> HJC wrote:
>
> > I am using an IBM R52 laptop; whenever I start the computer, I get the
> > "warning" screen that the active desktop has to be restored. I have tried to
> > delete the Desktop.htt file but that did not seem to help. When I open
> > Internet Explorer, it opens to a default web page - I set that to the blank
> > page and it seems to work when I reopen IE (goes to the blank page) but then
> > when I reboot, I get the error message; if I leave IE on the default web
> > page, the active desktop recovery warning page does not appear. Any thoughts
> > on how I can fix that?

Anonymous
July 6, 2005 3:11:01 AM

I have to echo the question. I have the same problem, have tried the
suggested solution, and have gotten no resolution of the problem. I'd love
ideas!

Thanks,
BC

!