Windows 7 Won't Boot

roland5575

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
Hello Everybody,

My daghter's Acer Aspire 5551-A laptop running Win7 will not boot. The 'Starting Windows' welcome screen comes up, this is followed by a message stating 'setup is starting services' and this is followed by a dialogue box called Install Windows, which states "windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation" When i click ok, it goes through the same sequence over and over. We don't have a Win 7 disc it came pre installed.

I went into the Bios and i noticed the following:
Sata Port 0 Disk Status: Frozen

I would really appreciate any help, this laptop is only a few months old but she lost the receipt so no warranty

Thank you

AlistairH1993

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
First of all to fix this problem she would loose all her HDD data unless you took the hard drive out her laptop, purchased a usb converter and copied everything over to a different computer. The next step is to download a new copy of Windows 7 (*perfectly legally* hint hint) burn it to a DVDrom and re install windows, pm me for MORE details hint hint ;)

roland5575

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
@AlaisterH1993,

Hi thanks for replying, i have been trying to PM you but may not have succeeded in doing it properly. Last time i tried i got a message about a flood report so i presume that didn't work.

Thanks for helping,

roland5575