My Task Manager corrupted?

I run XP Home. Several weeks ago, for no apparent reason, my Task Manager
lost all functions except "CPU usage". There are still enough glitches with
XP that I really like having Task Manager available. Have I done something
wrong? Is the file corrupted? If so, how can I get a clean copy? TM works
fine on my laptop, also running XP Home. Could I copy TM from that computer?
Puh-leeeze don't tell me I need to re-install Windows. Thanks for any help.

Thanks, that was the answer. But - now I can't figure how to rate your reply
as right on target.

"phillyjoe" wrote:

> I run XP Home. Several weeks ago, for no apparent reason, my Task Manager
> lost all functions except "CPU usage". There are still enough glitches with
> XP that I really like having Task Manager available. Have I done something
> wrong? Is the file corrupted? If so, how can I get a clean copy? TM works
> fine on my laptop, also running XP Home. Could I copy TM from that computer?
> Puh-leeeze don't tell me I need to re-install Windows. Thanks for any help.

Open Task Manager and double-click anywhere on the top Window border.
Somehow, you managed to convert Task Manager to run in "Tiny Footprint Mode".

Task Manager Menu Bar and Tabs Are Not Visible in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314227

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP