Weird computer problem

Funkosapien

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Ok so new PSU/RAM/CPU/MOBO (new GPU soon) and fresh install. A game running at full screen worked fine. But when I try and make games (that I have played before before new gear) that started in windowed mode go to full screen or get a game to do a auto settings detection screen goes black and need to restart?

Jackie-chan-meme.png

Some things that may be suss are :

■Obscenely old GPU for the CPU&MOBO. CPU is a i7 3770k, MOBO is a ASUS Sabertooth Z77, RAM is Gskill 16gb 1866mhz, 900Watt Antec PSU... GPU is a Nvidia 8800GT (don't worry I'm gonna get a new one soon). So only thing that could be fucky on the hardware side is likely the GPU.
■Case needs more cooling. Most of the fans I had sitting around had the wrong connectors so need new fans.
■Killed a large part of my k/b with beer so been using on screen k/b.

Is not much but I'm not sure what else'd be doing it. Most of it's brand new with latest drivers n whatnot.

Funkosapien

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Frankly, if I had another graphics card would I be using a antique nvidia 8800GT? I literally can't afford one for at least another month. Only other graphics card I've got laying around is a 6600GT with beer spilt on it. I dunno man, was hoping someone had same problem before or something and knew a fix.

benji720

Honorable
May 24, 2012
I've had similar problems and they were solved by putting in the 5450 I keep around for testing. $30 and you'll know if that's the problem! Or, see if a friend has one you can borrow. You'd only need it for a minute. Best of luck!

techincally, you have one more gpu, the integrated hd 4k graphics in the i7 chip.

Funkosapien

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Know what smeg it I'm gonna reformat. Only installed yesterday so not much to back up.

Don't close thread yet I'll be back on tomorrow if it didn't work and no point in making 2 threads for same thing.