How loud is the Sager NP5797 notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibsont

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
Hi, Im trying to buy a laptop under 2500 and im having some issues....Im considering the Sager NP5797 but im concerned about how loud it is....if anyone has seen it or owns one, could you please let me know how loud it actually is.

Also, should i just wait till after the new year to start to purchase a gaming laptop for under 2500?

Thanks i appreciate the help.

Sager NP5797 Custom Notebook (Built on Clevo M570ETU)
- 17" WUXGA "Glare Type" Super Clear Ultra Bright Glossy Screen (1920x1200)
- ~Intel® P9500 45nm "Montevina" Core™2 Duo 2.53GHz w/6MB L2 On-die cache - 1066MHz FSB 25 watt
- nVidia GeForce 9800M GTX 1,024MB PCI-Express DDR3 DX10 (User Upgradeable)
- ~ 4,096MB DDR3 1066MHz Dual Channel Memory (2 SODIMMS) (Requires Vista 64-Bit to recognize Full 4GB)
- ~Combo 8x8x6x4x Dual Layer DVD +/-R/RW 5x DVD-RAM 24x CD-R/RW Drive w/Softwares
- ~ 320GB 7200RPM (Serial-ATA II 300 - 16MB Cache)

dwellman

Splendid
Dec 14, 2002
No, no Sagers users here. No, just Dell and HP. Yep. . .

No, I'm only kidding. I don't have one, and I'm not sure if any of the regular contributors have that exact model, but Sager is quite popular with us, so please stand by. . .

First, I don't think there will be any new gaming notebooks coming out for a while - there's talk of a new graphics refresh in March, so the new mobile cards should come out in April. You're pretty good for now.

Second, I don't own the NP5797, I have an NP5793 (same notebook basically, just different CPU and GPU). While it is definitely louder than all of my friend's laptops and you can definitely hear it while it's just sitting there, the sound of it is easily lost in conversation or background noise. Notebooks these days come with the expectation of being silent, which makes this notebook come out bad in some third-party reviews...but if you'll notice, all of those reviews mention this notebook is cool (as opposed to your normal Dell or HP, which heat up dramatically). You will never feel heat using this notebook.

I don't have any sort of sound measuring device, so that's the best I can give you. Overall, noise is noticeable, but certainly not annoying or distracting.

gibsont

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
My friend has an older sager...about 6 years old id say, and it the the loudest thing ive ever heard. I can actually here it from a couple of rooms away.....now id assume that the newer models are much quieter, but to what degree quieter is the question :D

Status
Not open for further replies.