Can't read Compiled Help File after Windows Update last week

I have been running XP Pro SP2 for some time and have had no problem reading
compiled help files until I did a windows update last week (I only do these
once in a while). I can see the left pane, but the right pane just displays
This Page Cannot Be Displayed. Has anyone else run into this and found a way
around it?

Thanks!

I forgot to add that I see "Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer" at the bottom.

"Universal Dilbert" wrote:

> I have been running XP Pro SP2 for some time and have had no problem reading
> compiled help files until I did a windows update last week (I only do these
> once in a while). I can see the left pane, but the right pane just displays
> This Page Cannot Be Displayed. Has anyone else run into this and found a way
> around it?
>
> Thanks!

The official explanation is at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;892675

This should only affect .chm files on mapped or network drives, you
should be able to read it from a local drive. The "fix" to allow it to
run on the intranet has not worked here.