custom default user profile - xp sp2

I work for a company that supports almost 1000 computers and we are
experimenting with a sp2 image. the problem is that now we cannot create a
custom default user profile. Is there someting we need to change on the
firewall to allow this?

Thanks
Curious user
3 answers Last reply
More about custom default user profile

    curious user wrote:

    > I work for a company that supports almost 1000 computers and we are
    > experimenting with a sp2 image. the problem is that now we cannot
    > create a
    > custom default user profile. Is there someting we need to change on
    > the firewall to allow this?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Curious user

    Have you looked at this link?

    How To Create a Custom Default User Profile -
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319974

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers

    I guess I need to clarify the problem, it's not that I don't know how to make
    a custom profile, I've done it dozens of times as we've made various images
    to be pushed out with ghost. The problem is that when you do the same
    procedure on a machine that has xp sp2 as the os the machine freezes when you
    click on ok to accept the warning about overwriting the default profile. I
    hope this clarifies what I'm looking for.

    Curious user

    curious user wrote:

    > I guess I need to clarify the problem, it's not that I don't know how
    > to make a custom profile, I've done it dozens of times as we've made
    > various images
    > to be pushed out with ghost. The problem is that when you do the same
    > procedure on a machine that has xp sp2 as the os the machine freezes
    > when you
    > click on ok to accept the warning about overwriting the default
    > profile. I hope this clarifies what I'm looking for.
    >
    > Curious user
    >
    > "Malke" wrote:
    >
    >> curious user wrote:
    >>
    >> > I work for a company that supports almost 1000 computers and we are
    >> > experimenting with a sp2 image. the problem is that now we cannot
    >> > create a
    >> > custom default user profile. Is there someting we need to change
    >> > on the firewall to allow this?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks
    >> > Curious user
    >>
    >> Have you looked at this link?
    >>
    >> How To Create a Custom Default User Profile -
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319974

    That does clarify the issue, beautifully. Unfortunately, I don't have an
    answer for you. Perhaps someone more familiar with deployment on such a
    large scale will pop in. However, since you have such a big
    organization, IMO the most efficient way to solve this problem would be
    to call MS tech support (not the bottom tier, obviously). Your company
    undoubtedly has a support contract with them since you must be using
    servers. My experience with the higher level of MS tech support (called
    regarding a server issue) was excellent.

    Good luck,

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers