Sign in with
Your question

"Windows 7: Cannot detect netwoking hardware"

Last response: in Windows 7
August 27, 2012 5:56:34 AM

Hello,
Earlier this evening everything was working fine, I took a 30-ish minute coffee break, and suddenly Windows "Cannot detect networking hardware." It's only happening on the one machine out of four on the network, so I know it can't be the switch or router.

Everything has been turned off and on, reset and pat on the back- still nothing. It won't even detect a wireless dongle adapter. Someone mentioned the drivers, but they were just updated a week ago.

Edit: Also already did system restore and an two malware scans, neither changed anything.

More about : windows detect netwoking hardware

a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
August 27, 2012 6:35:55 AM

Do you normally connect with built in wireless adapter or Ethernet cable?
m
l
April 3, 2013 5:30:25 AM

NCB4385 said:
Hello,
Earlier this evening everything was working fine, I took a 30-ish minute coffee break, and suddenly Windows "Cannot detect networking hardware." It's only happening on the one machine out of four on the network, so I know it can't be the switch or router.

Everything has been turned off and on, reset and pat on the back- still nothing. It won't even detect a wireless dongle adapter. Someone mentioned the drivers, but they were just updated a week ago.

Edit: Also already did system restore and an two malware scans, neither changed anything.

i have exactly the same problem with my fujitsu ah530 tried installing drivers it just wont do anything went out and bought another laptop but would like t fix old one up it must be something stupid that windows is fighting or taken out !! x
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
April 3, 2013 5:53:28 AM

Sandie Mackie said:
NCB4385 said:
Hello,

i have exactly the same problem with my fujitsu ah530 tried installing drivers it just wont do anything went out and bought another laptop but would like t fix old one up it must be something stupid that windows is fighting or taken out !! x

Not wise to hijack another thread, best to start your own, powers-that-be don't like it...
Meanwhile try restoring your Laptop to Factory Settings by tapping F12 on Power On and choose 'Recovery and Utility'

m
l
!