How Close is a 8X DVD R/W?

Just curious and wanting to cut my backup time in half so long as image
quality isn’t compromised. None of my retail outlets including Best Buy have
anything more than 4X.

dwdruley wrote:
> Just curious and wanting to cut my backup time in half so long as
> image quality isn't compromised. None of my retail outlets including
> Best Buy have anything more than 4X.

Why the hell are you looking for computer hardware at local department
stores?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Description=&MinPrice=&MaxPrice=&OEMMark=-1&Manufactory=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=372%3A13801&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&Submit=Property&SubCategory=5

--
Peace!
Kurt

'cause some of us aren't too bright.

"kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in
message news:Ox%237$K3eFHA.132@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl
> dwdruley wrote:
>> Just curious and wanting to cut my backup time in half so long as
>> image quality isn't compromised. None of my retail outlets including
>> Best Buy have anything more than 4X.
>
> Why the hell are you looking for computer hardware at local department
> stores?

I suppose you have to buy burning software separately....

Thanks for the link about the burners. I'm shopping too. I have a hard time
convincing my parents that DVD drives can write at 20X the speed of their
current burner. This will help. But they have absolutely no sense of proportion
even though they taught college math for ages. Apparently, their whole MO is to
WASTE TIME no matter the task. I may just have to order and install it myself on
their system because they are incapable of being convinced that this type of
upgrade of their system is necessary. It took me 3 years to convince them to go
to broadband. Heck, I saw a Gilmore Girls episode yesterday where the mother
revoked a DSL installation ordered by HER mother. The reason, WASTING TIME was
number one on the mother's agenda and she had no regard for the requirements of
the daughter who was in secondary prep school.

The DVD-RW/CD-RW drives I've bought recently come with the newest full
version of Roxio.
--
That's just like my opinion, Man........