How Close is a 8X DVD R/W?

Just curious and wanting to cut my backup time in half so long as image
quality isn’t compromised. None of my retail outlets including Best Buy have
anything more than 4X.
4 answers Last reply
More about close

    dwdruley wrote:
    > Just curious and wanting to cut my backup time in half so long as
    > image quality isn't compromised. None of my retail outlets including
    > Best Buy have anything more than 4X.

    Why the hell are you looking for computer hardware at local department
    stores?

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Description=&MinPrice=&MaxPrice=&OEMMark=-1&Manufactory=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=372%3A13801&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&Submit=Property&SubCategory=5

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt

    'cause some of us aren't too bright.

    "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in
    message news:Ox%237$K3eFHA.132@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl
    > dwdruley wrote:
    >> Just curious and wanting to cut my backup time in half so long as
    >> image quality isn't compromised. None of my retail outlets including
    >> Best Buy have anything more than 4X.
    >
    > Why the hell are you looking for computer hardware at local department
    > stores?

    I suppose you have to buy burning software separately....

    Thanks for the link about the burners. I'm shopping too. I have a hard time
    convincing my parents that DVD drives can write at 20X the speed of their
    current burner. This will help. But they have absolutely no sense of proportion
    even though they taught college math for ages. Apparently, their whole MO is to
    WASTE TIME no matter the task. I may just have to order and install it myself on
    their system because they are incapable of being convinced that this type of
    upgrade of their system is necessary. It took me 3 years to convince them to go
    to broadband. Heck, I saw a Gilmore Girls episode yesterday where the mother
    revoked a DSL installation ordered by HER mother. The reason, WASTING TIME was
    number one on the mother's agenda and she had no regard for the requirements of
    the daughter who was in secondary prep school.

    The DVD-RW/CD-RW drives I've bought recently come with the newest full
    version of Roxio.
    --
    That's just like my opinion, Man........

    "Cymbal Man Freq." wrote:

    > "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in
    > message news:Ox%237$K3eFHA.132@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl
    > > dwdruley wrote:
    > >> Just curious and wanting to cut my backup time in half so long as
    > >> image quality isn't compromised. None of my retail outlets including
    > >> Best Buy have anything more than 4X.
    > >
    > > Why the hell are you looking for computer hardware at local department
    > > stores?
    >
    > I suppose you have to buy burning software separately....
    >
    > Thanks for the link about the burners. I'm shopping too. I have a hard time
    > convincing my parents that DVD drives can write at 20X the speed of their
    > current burner. This will help. But they have absolutely no sense of proportion
    > even though they taught college math for ages. Apparently, their whole MO is to
    > WASTE TIME no matter the task. I may just have to order and install it myself on
    > their system because they are incapable of being convinced that this type of
    > upgrade of their system is necessary. It took me 3 years to convince them to go
    > to broadband. Heck, I saw a Gilmore Girls episode yesterday where the mother
    > revoked a DSL installation ordered by HER mother. The reason, WASTING TIME was
    > number one on the mother's agenda and she had no regard for the requirements of
    > the daughter who was in secondary prep school.

Backup DVD Writers Microsoft Windows XP Product