Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

Hello all, does anyone know how to clear mines from the bmap in WinAce after
they have been laid? I have no way of knowing which sectors still have
mines in them and which don't (they are all still 'X'). I tried to go into
the database and change the sector des, but once it connects to the game the
sectors are re-written.

Thanks!

In article <feDVe.3565$qP3.38152@news1.mts.net>, Philly <miron@mts.net> wrote:
>Hello all, does anyone know how to clear mines from the bmap in WinAce after
>they have been laid? I have no way of knowing which sectors still have
>mines in them and which don't (they are all still 'X'). I tried to go into
>the database and change the sector des, but once it connects to the game the
>sectors are re-written.

That's because your bmap on the server is still showing the sector as having
mines.

The way to handle this is to let the server know you think the sector no
longer mines in it by issuing a "bdes x,y" command at the command prompt
in WinACE. Then, update your database in WinACE, and it should clear.

-Geoff
aka Mithrilien

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

Philly

if you are sure you have cleared a sector of mines:
bdes x,y . (notice the "." at the end signifies water)

then update bmap