CD R wont burn 698mb to 700Mb disc

Hi All,

I have an external USB 1.1/2 BTC CD-r/RW and am using nero burning ROM 5. The drive model is BCE-5232UI. I am trying to burn files of about 680mb to 700 mb cd-r (imation) discs. Everytime i try Nero (and windows XP if i use the build in tool) reports that there is not enough space on the cd. When i check the cd info via nero it reports that the disc capacity is 703MB. What am i doing wrong?

Cheers

Scott
4 answers Last reply
More about wont burn 698mb 700mb disc
  1. There's some sort of other information that's also written to the CD, some kind of table, lead in, lead out, probably accounts for the rest of that space.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
  2. There are some settings you can change to minimize space taken up by the tables. For one, don't make it mult-session, and "finalize" the burning. There may be some more tips online.

"Yeah, I got a magazine for you. It's fulla hollow points. You're gonna love it when I put that in a gun, and then put 'em in your brain!" - Carl
  3. Ok, i will try to see if i can reduce the li/lo times. What exactly do they do by the way? And would you have any other tool to reccomend for burning large files onto CD which is a little more flexible than nero?
  4. Easy CD Creator 6!!! Nero 6!!! CDRWin (6?)!!!

PS: mostly this is a burner f.ware limitation not the software itself, but try latest and gratest and seeeeeee!!!!

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...
Ask a new question

Read More

DVD Writers Burner CD-Rom Nero Storage