• DVD Writers
  • Burner
  • CD-Rom
  • Nero
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
June 9, 2004 7:30:05 AM

Hi All,

I have an external USB 1.1/2 BTC CD-r/RW and am using nero burning ROM 5. The drive model is BCE-5232UI. I am trying to burn files of about 680mb to 700 mb cd-r (imation) discs. Everytime i try Nero (and windows XP if i use the build in tool) reports that there is not enough space on the cd. When i check the cd info via nero it reports that the disc capacity is 703MB. What am i doing wrong?

Cheers

Scott

More about : wont burn 698mb 700mb disc

June 9, 2004 9:03:22 AM

There's some sort of other information that's also written to the CD, some kind of table, lead in, lead out, probably accounts for the rest of that space.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
June 9, 2004 5:56:42 PM

There are some settings you can change to minimize space taken up by the tables. For one, don't make it mult-session, and "finalize" the burning. There may be some more tips online.

"Yeah, I got a magazine for you. It's fulla hollow points. You're gonna love it when I put that in a gun, and then put 'em in your brain!" - Carl
Related resources
June 10, 2004 1:42:44 AM

Ok, i will try to see if i can reduce the li/lo times. What exactly do they do by the way? And would you have any other tool to reccomend for burning large files onto CD which is a little more flexible than nero?
June 10, 2004 4:51:26 AM

Easy CD Creator 6!!! Nero 6!!! CDRWin (6?)!!!

PS: mostly this is a burner f.ware limitation not the software itself, but try latest and gratest and seeeeeee!!!!

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...
!