svhost keeps reading writing hardisk

June 28, 2005 2:00:30 PM

Every morning after I turn on my computer, the hardisk lights will keep
flashing for about one hour and system is slowed down. I use task manager
found that svhost.exe had 1.3G I/O read and 600M I/O write after PC only had
run for only one hour. What's the cause of it and how can I stop it? Great
appreciate for your help.
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 2:00:31 PM

If you're running XPPro, use the command prompt to run tasklist /svc This'll
give you a readout of what's running under the svchost.exe process - don't
forget to note the PID since there are several svchost.exe's running at any
one time.

Otherwise, I'd suspect either spyware or an errant program. The easiest way
to fix this would be to use msconfig to stop all of your startup items. Then
add them back one by one until you see what causes the activity.

Good Luck!

!