Sign in with
Your question

how to clean up lcd monitor screen?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
September 22, 2006 6:11:24 PM

hi all!
does anyone know how to clean up a lcd monitor screen without damaging the screen? or is there any tutorial on how to clean up a lcd monitor screen?

i'm using LG Flatron L1530S right now and there has been some dust and stuff on the screen. is it ok to touch and wipe the dust without using any particular liquid cleanser?

thanks in advance..
September 22, 2006 6:34:02 PM

Quote:
hi all!
does anyone know how to clean up a lcd monitor screen without damaging the screen? or is there any tutorial on how to clean up a lcd monitor screen?

i'm using LG Flatron L1530S right now and there has been some dust and stuff on the screen. is it ok to touch and wipe the dust without using any particular liquid cleanser?

thanks in advance..

I've always used distilled water (tap water will streak) and a paper towel. Wad the towel a bit and wipe lightly.... don't put pressure on the screen with your hand.

Compter store will have special cleaner, but it's rather expensive.
September 22, 2006 6:58:34 PM

thanks for the info.! :) 
Related resources
September 26, 2006 3:52:41 AM

I have always used 91% isopropyl alcohol and a synthetic wipe for glasses. (regular alcohol is 70%) You can buy 91% at most stores that carry the "normal" 70% alcohol.
March 1, 2012 10:40:53 AM

yo.... thead necro...

why would you bother to ressurect a thread that is SIX years old?

--

in any case to clarify this thread in case anyone happens on it...

you do NOT want to use ammonia or alcohol based products as this could damage your screen.
!