Explorer missing attributes in View->Choose Details

When I open Windows Explorer, select a folder, then, View->Choose Details->
the only attributes that are listed to choose from are: Name, Size, Type,
Date modified, Date created, Date accessed, Attributes, and Status.

I do not see all the other possible attributes (e.g. photo EXIF information
like, Date Picture Taken, Dimensions, etc, etc).

How do I enable this?

Thanks,
-Keith
9 answers Last reply
More about explorer missing attributes view choose details

    Keith Evans wrote:

    > When I open Windows Explorer, select a folder, then, View->Choose Details->
    > the only attributes that are listed to choose from are: Name, Size, Type,
    > Date modified, Date created, Date accessed, Attributes, and Status.
    >
    > I do not see all the other possible attributes (e.g. photo EXIF information
    > like, Date Picture Taken, Dimensions, etc, etc).
    >
    > How do I enable this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > -Keith

    Right click on any of the column headings like Name. That will bring up
    a list.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    I know that, but thanks anyway.

    The problem is that the details list which is presented contains only those
    fields as I described in my original post, irrespective of how I get to the
    list.

    Rock Wrote:
    > Keith Evans wrote:
    > -
    > When I open Windows Explorer, select a folder, then, View-Choose
    > Details-
    > the only attributes that are listed to choose from a Name, Size,
    > Type,
    > Date modified, Date created, Date accessed, Attributes, and Status.
    >
    > I do not see all the other possible attributes (e.g. photo EXIF
    > information
    > like, Date Picture Taken, Dimensions, etc, etc).
    >
    > How do I enable this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > -Keith-
    >
    > Right click on any of the column headings like Name. That will bring
    > up
    > a list.
    >
    > --
    > Rock
    > MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Well....that is not quite what I want to do... I'd like ALL my photo
    folders to have a specific set of columns (such as date picture taken,
    size, etc..and my music folders too...)

    There appears to be NO way to set the My Pictures folder to have that
    as a default and all the susequent folders created to have them as
    well. Is there a way to create modify folder templates.

    TIA

    --
    ParrotSquawk

    I have the same problems, only those fields are available in Explorer.

    Would truly like an answer if somebody knows one.

    Patrik

    "Keith Evans" wrote:

    > I know that, but thanks anyway.
    >
    > The problem is that the details list which is presented contains only those
    > fields as I described in my original post, irrespective of how I get to the
    > list.
    >
    > "Rock" wrote:
    >
    > > Keith Evans wrote:
    > >
    > > > When I open Windows Explorer, select a folder, then, View->Choose Details->
    > > > the only attributes that are listed to choose from are: Name, Size, Type,
    > > > Date modified, Date created, Date accessed, Attributes, and Status.
    > > >
    > > > I do not see all the other possible attributes (e.g. photo EXIF information
    > > > like, Date Picture Taken, Dimensions, etc, etc).
    > > >
    > > > How do I enable this?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks,
    > > > -Keith
    > >
    > > Right click on any of the column headings like Name. That will bring up
    > > a list.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Rock
    > > MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    See if this command helps. From Start, Run:

    regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

    Restart Windows.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Patrik" <Patrik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have the same problems, only those fields are available in Explorer.
    >
    > Would truly like an answer if somebody knows one.
    >
    > Patrik
    >
    > "Keith Evans" wrote:
    >
    >> I know that, but thanks anyway.
    >>
    >> The problem is that the details list which is presented contains only
    >> those
    >> fields as I described in my original post, irrespective of how I get to
    >> the
    >> list.

    >> > Right click on any of the column headings like Name. That will bring
    >> > up
    >> > a list.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Rock
    >> > MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Tnx a lot, worked perfectly.
    Will write that commandline down..

    Patrik

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > See if this command helps. From Start, Run:
    >
    > regsvr32 /i shell32.dll
    >
    > Restart Windows.
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Patrik" <Patrik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have the same problems, only those fields are available in Explorer.
    > >
    > > Would truly like an answer if somebody knows one.
    > >
    > > Patrik
    > >
    > > "Keith Evans" wrote:
    > >
    > >> I know that, but thanks anyway.
    > >>
    > >> The problem is that the details list which is presented contains only
    > >> those
    > >> fields as I described in my original post, irrespective of how I get to
    > >> the
    > >> list.

    You're welcome. I'm glad that helped!

    --

    > Tnx a lot, worked perfectly.
    > Will write that commandline down..
    >
    > Patrik
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> See if this command helps. From Start, Run:
    >>
    >> regsvr32 /i shell32.dll
    >>
    >> Restart Windows.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "Patrik" <Patrik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I have the same problems, only those fields are available in Explorer.
    >> >
    >> > Would truly like an answer if somebody knows one.
    >> >
    >> > Patrik

    Tnx again, but the problem still exist, just that every other boot (e.g. 2
    boots after the dlls registers) they are gone again.
    I have tried to narrow everything down on bootup (with msconfig).
    None StyleXp or any other shell-thing is running (as least what I can find,
    or remember installed).

    So what can it be?
    Or can I add the code to bootup somewhere, like the register?

    /Patrik

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > You're welcome. I'm glad that helped!
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Patrik" <Patrik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Tnx a lot, worked perfectly.
    > > Will write that commandline down..
    > >
    > > Patrik
    > >
    > > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    > >
    > >> See if this command helps. From Start, Run:
    > >>
    > >> regsvr32 /i shell32.dll
    > >>
    > >> Restart Windows.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > >> Windows XP Shell/User
    > >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    > >>

    > >> "Patrik" <Patrik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    Download ShellExView from www.nirsoft.net
    Unzip and run the utility.
    Disable all the third-party / non-MS "ColumnHandlers" displayed by
    ShellExView.
    Register the Shell32.dll and reboot.

    --

    > Tnx again, but the problem still exist, just that every other boot (e.g. 2
    > boots after the dlls registers) they are gone again.
    > I have tried to narrow everything down on bootup (with msconfig).
    > None StyleXp or any other shell-thing is running (as least what I can
    > find,
    > or remember installed).
    >
    > So what can it be?
    > Or can I add the code to bootup somewhere, like the register?
    >
    > /Patrik
    >

    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> You're welcome. I'm glad that helped!
    >>
    >> --