USB 2.0 - Reinstall Windows XP

Gene

I have Windows XP with SP1 and SP2. Two days ago, my USB 2.0 stopped working
at high speed. I have tried reinstalling the drivers, but the reinstalled
drivers are not high speed.

Can I reinstall windows XP in order to get the high speed drivers to work?

I have tried everything else.

Please help!

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Gene wrote:

> I have Windows XP with SP1 and SP2. Two days ago, my USB 2.0 stopped working
> at high speed. I have tried reinstalling the drivers, but the reinstalled
> drivers are not high speed.
>
> Can I reinstall windows XP in order to get the high speed drivers to work?
>
> I have tried everything else.
>
> Please help!

Have you seen this KB article:
General USB troubleshooting in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310575

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310575
http://www.usbman.com/winxpusbguide.htm

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Gene wrote:
> I have Windows XP with SP1 and SP2. Two days ago, my USB 2.0 stopped working
> at high speed. I have tried reinstalling the drivers, but the reinstalled
> drivers are not high speed.
>
> Can I reinstall windows XP in order to get the high speed drivers to work?
>
> I have tried everything else.
>
> Please help!

Gene

Thank you. I have tried everything in the 2 links.

I think I should reinstall windows xp.

Here is what I currently see in device manager under USB.

Universal Serial Bus Controllers
Intel(R) 82801BA/BAM USB Universal Host Controller - 2442
USB Root Hub

Please, please help