Best computer manufacturer to order a customized system?

Carbuncle

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
I am looking to configure my own computer online, but there are so many computer manufacturers. The computer will be used mostly for gaming/music, so what companies would be the best to order through? I have been looking at some lesser-known companies, like cyberpower, BuyXG, ZT Group, ibuypower, etc. Are any of those good?

Could someone recommend good companies that have good customer support and reliable products while staying within the ~$1000 range?

Thanks.

casemods

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
I am looking to configure my own computer online, but there are so many computer manufacturers. The computer will be used mostly for gaming/music, so what companies would be the best to order through? I have been looking at some lesser-known companies, like cyberpower, BuyXG, ZT Group, ibuypower, etc. Are any of those good?

Could someone recommend good companies that have good customer support and reliable products while staying within the ~$1000 range?

Thanks.

I would suggest compusa, although you might have to live near the store, their extended warranties can't be beat IMO.

You can gather up all the parts you need and have them put it together for you, although it's funner to do it yourself, it's not always as safe.

Where do you reside?

Dhamael

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
From personal experience with a 3500 dollar lemon from Cyberpower, I would recommend ANYONE but them, yes, even Dull. Their warranty is gimicky, their tech support is non-existent (I am on day THREE of waiting for a return phone call for help with my freezing, BSOD monstrosity.

BUYER BEWARE. There is a reason they're so much cheaper than everyone else.

TRENDING THREADS