Old Games for Win 95

I was trying to run Interplay's Conquest of the New World on my new machine
with Windows XP. It was intentionally designed to run through dos or windows
95. I have tried to make all the files compatable with 95 to no avail. Is
there a way to run programs through dos with XP? I tried going through the
cmd prompt but XP won't allow it and brings up error telling me to go through
the control panel set up. Any ideas?

Thanks

Dave

I lost my copy a long time ago so I cannot really help that much.
According to everything that I have read, Conquest of the New World
does not run under Windows XP. Your best bet's are

1. DosBox.
http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/comp_list.php?showID=1343&letter=C&search=conquest%20of%20the%20new%20world
2. Emulator such as Connectix Virtual PC
3. Dual-Boot with Windows 9x

It sounds like your not that experienced with DOS stuff so all three
options may be too much for you to deal with. The above options are
listed in order of easiness.

hourglass_eyes wrote:
> I was trying to run Interplay's Conquest of the New World on my new
machine
> with Windows XP. It was intentionally designed to run through dos or
windows
> 95. I have tried to make all the files compatable with 95 to no
avail. Is
> there a way to run programs through dos with XP? I tried going
through the
> cmd prompt but XP won't allow it and brings up error telling me to go
through
> the control panel set up. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Dave

jt

I had the same problems with Red Alert and Constructor when I bought my
Windows XP PC. Bitterly disappointed that they will install fine, but no
longer run. No fun for me.
Is there anything I can do?
You'll have to explain well I'm afraid - I'm a bit slow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated