Upside-Down LCD?

Patchworkblue

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2003
Hi all - this is my first post here in nearly a year!

Anyways, I am about to make my first LCD monitor purchase. I know, I know, but I have an expensive Samsung flat-screen 19" CRT that has served me wonderfully for nearly 5 years now. Thing is, I am preparing to switch to a dual-monitor system, and I love my desk so much, I'm planning on mounting the monitors under the top shelf, so that they are hanging down.
Here is my quandary: I need to know if most LCDs have a menu option to rotate the picture 180 degrees, so when I mount them upside down, I will be able to see the images right side up (or if there is anything else you can think of to make this work).
Thanks for your help, everyone!

Women--can't live with them, can't have heterosexual same-species intercourse without them.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by patchworkblue on 04/12/05 05:33 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

palmerg

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2005
Well I think it depends on the monitor. IN some cases the graphics adapter can control the image rotation, i.e. 6800 Ultra and the universal drivers. I do know that some monitors, like some 20+ viewsonics, are bundled with additional SW to perform the pivot view.

arnold873

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005
i could be wrong but i think on most if not all lcd`s the electrical connections do not run through the base, so i do not see why you could not take apart the base flip it around and reattach it possible adding holes and hardware as needed then attach these bases to the bottom of your shelf. i don`t think this would be too hard to do

Patchworkblue

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2003
That doesn't sound like a bad idea, I may try it - thanks.

Women--can't live with them, can't have heterosexual same-species intercourse without them.

dhlucke

Polypheme
Please don't take your monitor apart. The drivers and software that come with the drivers are perfectly capable of rotating the screen.

I rotate my monitor all the time into portrait mode. It's simple.

<pre><font color=red>A64 3200+ Winchester
DFI Lan Party NF4 Ultra-D
1GB Corsair 4400C25PT
WD740GD, WD2000JB, WD1200JB
ATI X800XL
Dell 2405FPW</pre><p>

Patchworkblue

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2003
Lol - I appreciate your concern, your reply seemed prety worried :) I just received my new video card and it does indeed rotate the picture for me. I was using a rather antiquated one before that would not rotate, so I wasn't sure.
You can rest easy now; I didn't butcher my new LCD. :)

Women--can't live with them, can't have heterosexual same-species intercourse without them.

palmerg

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2005
I assume the LCDs you have are all VESA compliant so there should be no worry. For all your mounting needs check out this site <A HREF="http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/SearchAll.asp?s=SA" target="_new">Cyberguys</A>
Search for <b>LDC Monitor Mounts</b> and see all the results.
They have tons of options and the prices are good.
good luck

TRENDING THREADS