problem with imaging devices

BigRat

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'm really frustrated now and I desperately need some help. I used to use win98 and I had some problems with imaging devices such as scanners and digital cameras. The scanner I got to work at the cost of minor inconveniences. But the digicam allows me to download once only and if I were to access the camera again without rebooting it would hang. My friend lent me his winxp pro to try it out and everything was great until the trial period was over. The xp is too expensive for me so I can't use it. This was when my brother gave me win2000. After a little hassle with the installation, win2000 finally booted. When I plugged in my scanner it detected correctly but when I task it to scan it would freeze the whole system. Same goes with the camera. What is wrong with it? I already installed the via usb filter and the latest 4-in-1 drivers. Here are my system specs:

T-bird 850
Asus a7v (rev 1.02 i think)
Creative GeForce2 MX
Creative Live! Value
Maxtor D740X 60GB ata100
Canon D646U scanner
Canon S30 digicam

Thanks in advance. I appreciate all the help you have to offer. Also is there anyway to remove win2000 without damaging the win98 that I dual booted it with.

:cool: :eek: :redface: :frown: :lol: :mad: :eek: :smile: :tongue: :wink:

lordicon72

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2002
might be a usb issue. try uninstalling the 4in1's. i have found the 4in1's can create some problems. i also heard usb support in 2k is not all that great.

BigRat

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yep its confirmed to be a driver problem. I plugged in a usb card from my old pc and everything worked fine. But I can't remove the 4-in-1 because without it the system will become kick me out everytime I run games. So I guess I'll just have to live with it till I can get enough dough for an upgrade.

:cool: :eek: :redface: :frown: :lol: :mad: :eek: :smile: :tongue: :wink:

TRENDING THREADS